Maastricht UMC+ Research Committee
The Maastricht UMC+ Research Committee (WMUMC+) is an independent advisory body, tasked to provide, both requested and volunteered, non-binding advice to the Executive Board regarding matters concerning research within Maastricht UMC+.
Specific policy and operational tasks include:
- (unsolicited) advising on matters concerning research policy of Maastricht UMC+
- advising on the topic, content, profile and strategy described in structure reports of newly appointed professors (chairs)
- advising on selection of candidates for the ‘Kootstra Talent Fellowship’
- providing constructive feedback on individual concept proposals (upon request by individual researchers)
- advising on applications related to (partial) compensation related to delay in PhD and postdoc trajectories due to COVID-19.
The Maastricht UMC+ Research Committee meets approximately 16 times per year and consists of eleven members, including the chair. The composition of the Committee reflects the continuum of fundamental, translational and clinical research at Maastricht UMC+, including health sciences research. Both clinical and non-clinical disciplines are represented in the committee. In addition, at least two PhD candidates are appointed as advisors.
The WMUMC+ consists of the following members and advisors:
- Prof. dr. Blanche Schroen (Chair), School CARIM, Department of Physiology
- Prof. dr. Gijs Goossens (Vice-chair), School NUTRIM, Department of Human Biology
- Prof. dr. Rob de Bie (Member), School CAPHRI, Department of Epidemiology
- Prof. dr. Martijn van Griensven (Member), School MERLN, Department of Regenerative Medicine
- Dr. Jaap Jansen (Member), School MHeNs, Department of Radiology
- Dr. Danyel Jennen (Member), School GROW, Department of Toxicogenomics
- Prof. dr. Rory Koenen (Member), School CARIM, Department of Biochemistry
- Prof. dr. Jacqueline Strik (Member), School MHeNs, Department of Psychiatry and Neuropsychology
- Prof. dr. Paul Willems (Member), School CAPHRI, Department of Orthopedics
- Louise David (Advisor), Educational development & education research
- Titus Lemmens (Advisor), Department of Biochemistry