Faculty of Law
Honours programme for bachelor’s students
The Maastricht University Law College (UMLC) consists of a three-year honours programme that you follow in addition to your regular bachelor's programme in Dutch Law, Tax Law or European Law School.
The UMLC is for you if you like to excel in your studies, you want to investigate how to develop your academic and personal skills and talents, and if you have the ambition to become a leader in research, law or policy within the government or industry.
Law in Practice & Legal Research
The honours programme consists of a core programme and two specialisations: Law in Practice and Legal Research. The learning process is supported and monitored by a mentoring and portfolio programme.
You will learn:
- to understand the law in the context of society, as legal problems must be viewed from perspectives outside the law
- to understand how the law works in practice, by discussing issues/cases with legal professionals and participating in professional simulations
- to understand legal research methods
What are the benefits?
- earn an additional 36 ECTS credits on top of your regular study programme
- multitude of academic and extra-curricular activities
- core programme with two specialisations: Law in Practice & Legal Research
- supported by a mentoring and portfolio programme
Who can apply?
Based on the study results obtained in block 1 and block 2 of the first year, tudents who qualify for UMLC are invited to apply.
Honours programmes for master's students
At the Faculty of Law, we have a number of honours programmes for master's students. Those include:
- Masters Honours Research Track
- ICGI PREMIUM Masterclass Series
- IPKM/EIPIN PREMIUM