Mission & strategy
Maastricht University is a research university where fundamental and applied research are inextricably linked with education and educational innovation. Maastricht University:
- makes a genuine, tangible contribution to a better world
- is truly international: in student population, curricula and mentality
- helps students develop as global citizens at the forefront of their generation
- has an innovative approach to education: students seek their own answers and their own added value
- is anchored in society, in Maastricht and the Euregion
The university has defined a set of core values that serve as key principles for the conduct and attitude of staff and students:
- realise social impact
- create value
- encourage dialogue
- nourish initiative
- work from intrinsic curiosity
In 2011, the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science made performance agreements with all Dutch universities and universities of applied science on the themes educational quality/excellence, graduation rates, quality of lecturers and teaching intensity. The institutions also laid out their plans with regard to the themes overhead and valorisation.
Read UM's Proposal for Performance Agreements 2013-2016 (in Dutch only).
Results performance agreements
The results of the relevant performance agreements can be found in the annual reports (in Dutch only). Results from previous years suggest that UM is on track to meet its targets.