Disability access PHS1
Paul-Henri Spaaklaan 1 (PHS1) is easily accessible for people with a physical disability. On this webpage, you can find information about parking spaces, accessibility for wheelchairs, accessible toilets and how to act in case of an evacuation.
PHS1 is open on weekdays from 8:00 am to 11:00 pm.
- Due to Covid-19, the opening time has been adjusted: from 8:00 am to 6:30 pm.
There are two parking spaces reserved for the disabled in the parking garage, in the immediate vicinity of the lift hall on the south side. Access to the lift hall is facilitated by automatic doors and is therefore wheelchair-friendly.
The main entrance to PHS1 is only accessible via stairs; there is a separate entrance for disabled people on the right side of the building, at the Robert Schumandomein. If you do not have a UMcard please operate the intercom, the receptionist will open the sliding doors for you.
Disabled toilets can be found in:
- Room B0.004 on the ground floor, in the north tower.
- Room B0.006 on the ground floor, in the north tower.
- Room C0.014 on the ground floor, in the south tower.
In case of emergency, the elevators will be disabled (due to fire hazard). If you need assistance evacuating via the stairs, help is available: our emergency response officers (company emergency responders) will help you to leave the building via the stairwell by means of an evacuation mattress (this is located on the 2nd floor in the south tower).
What to do when the evacuation system goes off:
- Tell others that you need help so that they can alert an emergency response team member.
- If there is a telephone in your flight area, call 1333; otherwise, call +31 (0) 43 3875566 on your mobile phone to inform the central service of your location.
- Stay in the escape area of the stairwell until the evacuation team arrives.