Curriculum and Instruction
‘The Certificate Course in Curriculum and Instruction is designed for you if you are involved in course design and/or course or curriculum coordination in the field of Health Professions Education. Suppose, for example, your institution asks you to contribute to curriculum improvement. You are enthusiastic, but you do not exactly know what the best practice is, which steps you need to take and how you can approach this task systematically. That is what this course is for!' - Course Coordinator Sanne Schreurs.
- Curriculum analysis in health professions education
- Instructional design in health professions education
- Instructional (task centered) design models
Timeline and deadlines
The study load of this course is 6 ECTS, which is equivalent to 168 study hours. The course needs to be completed in 9 weeks, amounting to a study load of about 20 hours per week.
- By completing this course, you become acquainted with the literature about curriculum analysis and instructional design. Moreover, you will learn about guidelines and tools that can be used for curriculum analysis and instructional design.
- For the first learning task, you will be asked to perform a curriculum analysis, applying two different models. Aided by this analysis, you will discover strong points and gaps in your own curriculum.
- For the second learning task, you will use the insights obtained to redesign a part of your curriculum and prepare an advice with justification.
- For the third learning task, you will make an elaborated redesign of one learning activity based on task centered instructional design models..
- Upon completion of this course, you will be able to systematically analyze a curriculum and carry out a curriculum design or redesign underpinned by scientific evidence.
More information and contact
If you have more questions about this course please send an email to: email@example.com and we will keep you informed.
Note: Upon completion of this Certificate Course, you can include the completed assignments and feedback in the portfolio of the MHPE programme and qualify for exemption in the minimum amount of mandatory learning tasks. This right to be exempted shall expire after two years.
Date: October 16, 2023
Application deadline: September 15, 2023
Course fee: €1.900 (6 ECTS)
I want to apply