- Chamon, M. (2021). The EU-China Comprehensive Agreement on Investment – an Institutional Perspective. EU Law Live , Weekend Edition(56), 19-24.
- Tsourdi, E. L., & Vavoula, N. (2021). Killing me Softly? Scrutinising the Role of Soft Law in Greece’s Response to COVID-19. European Journal of Risk Regulation, 12(1), 59-76. https://doi.org/10.1017/err.2020.114
- Eliantonio, M., & Cacciatore, F. (2021). When the EU takes the field. Innovative forms of regulatory enforcement in the fisheries sector. Journal of European Integration. https://doi.org/10.1080/07036337.2021.1910253
- Röttger-Wirtz, S. (Author), & Eliantonio, M. (Author). (2021). Op-Ed Hidden’ vaccines in Italian plant: EU composite procedures and hidden accountability paths. Web publication/site, EU Law Live.
- Peeters, M. (Author). (2021). Op zoek naar het juiste instrumentarium voor aangescherpte emissiereductiedoelen op weg naar een klimaatneutrale Europese Unie. Web publication/site, Vereniging voor Milieurecht. https://www.milieurecht.nl/nieuws/op-zoek-naar-het-juiste-instrumentarium-voor-aangescherpte-emissiereductiedoelen-op-weg-naar-een-klimaatneutrale-europese-unie
- Röttger-Wirtz, S., & de Boer, A. (2021). Personalised nutrition: the European Union's fragmented legal landscape and the overlooked implications of EU food law. Maastricht University. https://maastrichteurope.nl/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Roettger-Wirtz_de-Boer_2021_Personalised-Nutrition_EU-law.pdf
- Golunova, V. (Author). (2021). Seeing through the Eye of God: Telegram bots and data protection in Russia. Web publication/site, Center for Global Constitutionalism / Recht im Kontext. https://verfassungsblog.de/eye-of-god/
- Eliantonio, M., Korkea-aho, E., & Ştefan, O. (Eds.) (2021). EU soft law in the member states: Theoretical findings and empirical evidence. Hart Publishing. EU law in the Member States Vol. 8
- Alberti, J., & Eliantonio, M. (2021). Judges, public authorities and EU soft law in Italy - How you cannot tell a book by its cove. In M. Eliantonio, E. Korkea-aho, & O. Stefan (Eds.), EU soft law in the member states: Theoretical findings and empirical evidence (pp. 185-200). Hart Publishing. EU law in the Member States Vol. 8
- Eliantonio, M. (2021). Judicial review of soft law before the European and the national courts - A wind of change blowing from the member states? In M. Eliantonio, E. Korkea-aho, & O. Stefan (Eds.), EU soft law in the member states: Theoretical findings and empirical evidence (pp. 283-302). Hart Publishing. EU law in the Member States Vol. 8
- Chamon, M. (Author). (2021). AG Hogan’s Opinion in Avis 1/19 regarding the Istanbul Convention. Web publication/site
- Klosse, S., & Vonk, G. J. (2021). Socialezekerheidsrecht in kort bestek. (3 ed.) Boom Juridisch. Recht in kort bestek
- Tsourdi, E. L. (Author), & Vavoula, N. (Author). (2021). Greece’s Covid-19 Response: Not Beyond Reproach. Web publication/site, Queen Mary University of London. https://www.qmul.ac.uk/law/news/responding-to-covid-19/items/greeces-covid-19-response-not-beyond-reproach.html
- Melin, P. (2021). Overview of recent cases before the Court of Justice of the European Union (September 2020-December 2020). European Journal of Social Security, 23(1), 81-90. . https://doi.org/10.1177/1388262720987251
- Gentile, G. (2021). 'Verba Volant, Quoque (Soft Law) Scripta?' An analysis of the legal effects of national soft law implementing EU soft law in France and the UK. In M. Eliantonio, E. Korkea-aho, & O. Stefan (Eds.), EU Soft Law in the Member States: Theoretical findings and empirical evidence (pp. 79-98). Hart Publihsing. EU law in the Member States
- Golunova, V. (Author), & Montero Regules, J. (Author). (2021). The Digital Services Act and freedom of expression: triumph or failure?. Web publication/site, Alexander von Humboldt Institut für Internet und Gesellschaft. https://www.hiig.de/en/the-digital-services-act-and-freedom-of-expression-triumph-or-failure/
- Moerland, A., & Freitas, C. (2021). Artificial intelligence and trade mark assessment. In J-A. Lee, R. Hilty, & K-C. Liu (Eds.), Artificial Intelligence & Intellectual Property (pp. 266-291). Oxford University Press.
- Douma, W., Eckes, C., Peter, V. E., Eva, K., Ott, A., & Wessel, R. A. (Eds.) (2021). The evolving nature of EU external relations law. T.M.C. Asser Press. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-94-6265-423-5
- Peeters, M. (Author). (2021). Only 29 years to go - The challenging path towards climate neutrality in 2050. Web publication/site, Maastricht University. https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/blog/2021/01/only-29-years-go-challenging-path-towards-climate-neutrality-2050
- Colombo, C., & Goanta, C. (2021). Airbnb in the European Union: The theory and practice of interpreting elements of algorithmic governance. European Journal of Risk Regulation, 1-11. https://doi.org/10.1017/err.2020.99
The MCEL Master Working Paper series seeks to give excellent Master students the opportunity to publish their final thesis and to make their work accessible to a wide audience.
Thomas Mileville (2020) - From economic crisis to existential crisis and back: How has the role of the European Stability Mechanism in the reformed EMU been shaped through economic challenges?
Julie Dorval (2020). The Principle of Mutual Trust Between Member States in the Context of the Rule of Law Crisis.
Eva Bukaiova (2020). Horizontal application of the Charter after Bauer - Is wider recognition by the Court of Justice of the EU possible?
Florian Ockenfuss (2019). EASO’s Role in Supporting Member States. Hotspots as Incubators of an Integrated European Asylum Policy.
Monique Frederikke Lundh (2019). The forgotten EU dimension in the Urgenda Case and the applicability of the Charter.
Phoebe Cox (2019). The Contribution of the Fundamental Rights Agency to Fundamental Rights Protection in the European Union.
Felix Peerboom (2019). The safe third country principle and the EU/Turkey deal. To what extent is the current application of the safe third country concept under EU law in compliance with international human rights law?
Sarantis Niotis (2018). The Birth of the EMF - Integrating the ESM into the EU Legal Order: 'Constitutional' Challenges.
Thomas Devine (2018). The End of the European 'Delaware': UK Limiteds in the EU after Brexit.
Nikolaos Papadopoulos (2018). Austerity-based Labour Law Reforms in Greece vs Fundamental Rights during the European Debt Crisis: An evaluation through the lens of supranational and national bodies' jurisprudence.
Priscilla Tollini (2018). The Era of Big Data: The Interplay Between Competition Law and Data Protection.
Juncal Montero Regules (2018). Disinformation and Freedom of Expression - A Study on the Regulation of 'Fake News' in the European Union.
Florence Wautelet (2018). Intersectionality theories and headscarf cases before the ECtHR and the CJEU.
Britt Beliën; Ellil Zachari; Valerie Govers (2018). State Aid and Public Procurement - The Evolution of State Aid to Banks: A Post Crisis Review.
Matthias Hasler (2018). The Legal Classification of ESM – MoUs in the Ledra Decision: At Odds with the Union Principle of the Rule of Law?
Katrin Bungart (2018). The European Chemicals Agency and its Compliance with the Meroni Doctrine: Do the powers of the European Chemicals Agency go beyond the scope of what is permissible under the Meroni doctrine (as modified by Case C-270/12)?
Christine Recker (2018). Banking Resolution Under the SRM Regulation and the Single Resolution Board: An assessment of the limits to the delegation of powers to EU agencies - The Single Resolution Board and its compliance with the Meroni doctrine.
Jasmin Hiry (2018). Fitting national social security benefits into European categories: Are long-term care benefits exportable within the framework of Regulation 883/2004?
Eline Vancraybex (2018). Innovation in the EU Merger Control Battlefield: In Search for Best Practices.
Chris Mondschein (2017). The Regulation of Targeted Behavioural Advertising in the European Union
Sarah Wagner (2017). The Future of Transatlantic Data Flows: Privacy Shield or Privacy Sieve? An adequacy assessment by reference to the jurisprudence of the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Kortese, L (2016). Assessing the Coherence of Mechanisms for the Recognition of Qualifications: Discerning Dimensions to a Multilevel Challenge.
Leonie Kijewski (2015). Protecting Borders, People and Rights at Sea? An Analysis of Frontex’s Approach to Human Rights.
Koen Orbons (2015), EU Accession to the ECHR:Is it still worth pursuing after Opinion 2/13.
Nina Stoffel (2015). Quo Vadis Impact Assessment? An Evaluation of the European Commission’s New Better Regulation Agenda.
Nina Ferreira (2015). The European Parliament’s Practice in the Adoption of International Trade Agreements: The Creation of an Institutional Parallelism to the Unilateral Dimension?
Annual Report 2019Tuesday, May 12, 2020
This Annual Report highlights the main activities of the Centre that were undertaken in the year 2019.
Annual Report 2018Thursday, June 27, 2019
This Annual Report highlights the main activities of the Centre that were undertaken in the year 2018.
Annual Report 2017Wednesday, June 27, 2018
This Annual Report highlights the main activities of the Centre that were undertaken in the year 2017.