- Eliantonio, M., & Cacciatore, F. (2022). When the EU takes the field. Innovative forms of regulatory enforcement in the fisheries sector. Journal of European Integration, 44(4), 551-568. https://doi.org/10.1080/07036337.2021.1910253
- Tsourdi, E., Ott, A., & Vankova, Z. (2022). The EU's shifting borders reconsidered: Externalisation, constitutionalisation, and administrative integration. European Papers : a journal on law and integration, 7(1), 87-108. https://www.europeanpapers.eu/en/system/files/pdf_version/EP_eJ_2022_1_6_Articles_SS1_1_Evangelia_Tsourdi_Andrea_Ott_Zvezda_Vankova_00549.pdf
- Hervey, T. K., & Röttger-Wirtz, S. (2022). The European Union: Legal Response to Covid-19. In J. King, & O. Ferraz (Eds.), The Oxford Compendium of National Legal Responses to Covid-19 Oxford University Press. https://oxcon.ouplaw.com/view/10.1093/law-occ19/law-occ19-e35?rskey=dessyV&result=1&prd=OXCON
- Tsourdi, E. (2022). European Union Agency on Asylum: An Agency 'Reborn'? EULawLive, (98), 2-11. https://eulawlive.com/weekend-edition/weekend-edition-no98/
- Bonelli, M. (Author). (2022). Has the Court of Justice embraced the language of constitutional identity?. Web publication/site, Diritti Comparati. https://www.diritticomparati.it/has-the-court-of-justice-embraced-the-language-of-constitutional-identity/
- Stremler, M. (Author). (2022). Inhouden EU-subsidies is geen wondermiddel voor Hongaarse rechtsstaat. Web publication/site, Europa Nu. https://www.europa-nu.nl/id/vlsahfhh5qow/nieuws/inhouden_eu_subsidies_is_geen?ctx=vh72mb14wkwh&s0e=vhdubxdwqrzw&tab=0
- Claes, M. (2022). The equality of the Member States. In K. Ziegler, P. Neuvonen, & V. Moreno-Lax (Eds.), Research Handbook on General Principles of EU Law: Constructing Legal Orders in Europe (pp. 99-117). Edward Elgar Publishing. Research Handbooks in European Law series
- Golunova, V. (Author). (2022). Digital Constitutionalism Reversed? Instrumentalising Big Tech for Democratic Change. Web publication/site, The Digital Constitutionalist. https://digi-con.org/digital-constitutionalism-reversed/
- Volpato, A. (2022). Delegation of Powers in the EU Legal System. Routledge/Taylor & Francis Group. Routledge Research in EU Law https://doi.org/10.4324/9781003174004
- Büttgen, N., & van Bergen, H. (2022). Grenzen overschrijden als zelfstandig ondernemer tussen België, Nederland en Duitsland // Crossing borders as self-employed professional between Belgium, the Netherlands and German // Grenzüberschreitend tätig sein als (Solo-)Selbständiger zwischen Belgien, den Niederlanden und Deutschland // Franchir les frontières en tant qu‘autoentrepreneur entre la Belgique, les Pays-Bas et l‘Allemagne. ITEM. https://www.maastrichtuniversity.nl/sites/default/files/item_youregion_2022_brochure_nl_grenzen_overschrijden_zelfstandig_ondernemer_belgie_nederland_duitsland.pdf
- Brkan, M. (2022). Privacy, Data Protection and the Role of Courts. In G. Gonzalez Fuster, R. van Brakel, & P. De Hert (Eds.), Research Handbook on Privacy and Data Protection Law: Values, Norms and Global Politics (pp. 274-302). Edward Elgar Publishing. Research Handbooks in Information Law series
- Bonelli, M. (2022). Infringement Actions 2.0: How to Protect EU Values before the Court of Justice. European Constitutional Law Review, 18(1), 1-29. . https://doi.org/10.1017/S1574019622000049
- Golunova, V. (Author). (2022). The Obscure Content Filtering Obligations of the Council Regulation Imposing Sanctions on Russia: A Step Too Far?. Web publication/site, EU Law Live. https://eulawlive.com/op-ed-the-obscure-content-filtering-obligations-of-the-council-regulation-imposing-sanctions-on-russia-a-step-too-far-by-valentina-golunova/#
- Waddington, L. (2022). Eu Criminal Lawand Persons With Disabilities: Reflections On "Vulnerability" And The Influence Of The Crpd. AJIL Unbound, 116, 84-89. https://doi.org/10.1017/aju.2022.7
- Chamon, M., Volpato, A., & Eliantonio, M. (Eds.) (2022). Boards of Appeal of EU Agencies: Towards Judicialization of Administrative Review? Oxford University Press.
- Volpato, A., & Mullier, E. (2022). The Board of Appeal of the European Chemicals Agency at a Crossroads. In M. Chamon, A. Volpato, & M. Eliantonio (Eds.), Boards of Appeal of EU Agencies Towards Judicialization of Administrative Review?: Towards Judicialization of Administrative Review? (pp. 85-104). Oxford University Press.
- Nicolaides, P. (2022). State aid after the Banking Union: serious disturbance and public interest. Journal of Banking Regulation, 23(1), 79-90. https://doi.org/10.1057/s41261-021-00173-1
- Tsourdi, E. (2022). The New Pact and EU Agencies: A Tale of Two Tracks ofAdministrative Integration and Unsatisfactory Embedding. In D. Thym (Ed.), Reforming the Common European Asylum System: Opportunities, Pitfalls, and Downsides of the Commission Proposals for a New Pact on Migration and Asylum (pp. 113-128). Nomos Verlag. Schriften zum Migrationsrecht Vol. 38 https://doi.org/10.5771/9783748931164-113
- Volpato, A. (Author). (2022). Transparency and Legal Certainty of the References to International Standards in EU Law: Smoke Signals from Luxembourg?: Stichting Rookpreventie Jeugd and Others (C-160/20). Web publication/site, EU Law Live. https://eulawlive.com/op-ed-transparency-and-legal-certainty-of-the-references-to-international-standards-in-eu-law-smoke-signals-from-luxembourg-stichting-rookpreventie-jeugd-and-others-c-160-20-by/
- Baraggia, A., & Bonelli, M. (2022). Linking Money to Values: the new Rule of Law Conditionality Regulation and its constitutional challenges. German Law Journal, 23(2), 131-156. . https://doi.org/10.1017/glj.2022.17
The MCEL Master Working Paper series seeks to give excellent Master students the opportunity to publish their final thesis and to make their work accessible to a wide audience.
Mateus Correia de Carvalho (2021) - Mutual Trust amidst the Rule of Law Backsliding Crisis: a Janus-faced principle?
Emma Pessotto (2021) - To What Extent Does the Conclusion of the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement Demonstrate That EU-only Conclusion Can be Legally Obligatory in Cases of Facultative Mixity?
Alexander Merkulov (2021) - European Union Competition Law and Environmental Policy: Is there a place for environmental considerations in contemporary European Competition law? If not, what are the possible ways of filling the sustainability gap?
Jasper Nebel (2021) - Constitutional Pluralism in the aftermath of the PSPP judgment: Reflections on the enhancement of judicial dialogue in the EU.
Thomas Mileville (2020) - From economic crisis to existential crisis and back: How has the role of the European Stability Mechanism in the reformed EMU been shaped through economic challenges?
Julie Dorval (2020). The Principle of Mutual Trust Between Member States in the Context of the Rule of Law Crisis.
Eva Bukaiova (2020). Horizontal application of the Charter after Bauer - Is wider recognition by the Court of Justice of the EU possible?
Florian Ockenfuss (2019). EASO’s Role in Supporting Member States. Hotspots as Incubators of an Integrated European Asylum Policy.
Monique Frederikke Lundh (2019). The forgotten EU dimension in the Urgenda Case and the applicability of the Charter.
Phoebe Cox (2019). The Contribution of the Fundamental Rights Agency to Fundamental Rights Protection in the European Union.
Felix Peerboom (2019). The safe third country principle and the EU/Turkey deal. To what extent is the current application of the safe third country concept under EU law in compliance with international human rights law?
Sarantis Niotis (2018). The Birth of the EMF - Integrating the ESM into the EU Legal Order: 'Constitutional' Challenges.
Thomas Devine (2018). The End of the European 'Delaware': UK Limiteds in the EU after Brexit.
Nikolaos Papadopoulos (2018). Austerity-based Labour Law Reforms in Greece vs Fundamental Rights during the European Debt Crisis: An evaluation through the lens of supranational and national bodies' jurisprudence.
Priscilla Tollini (2018). The Era of Big Data: The Interplay Between Competition Law and Data Protection.
Juncal Montero Regules (2018). Disinformation and Freedom of Expression - A Study on the Regulation of 'Fake News' in the European Union.
Florence Wautelet (2018). Intersectionality theories and headscarf cases before the ECtHR and the CJEU.
Britt Beliën; Ellil Zachari; Valerie Govers (2018). State Aid and Public Procurement - The Evolution of State Aid to Banks: A Post Crisis Review.
Matthias Hasler (2018). The Legal Classification of ESM – MoUs in the Ledra Decision: At Odds with the Union Principle of the Rule of Law?
Katrin Bungart (2018). The European Chemicals Agency and its Compliance with the Meroni Doctrine: Do the powers of the European Chemicals Agency go beyond the scope of what is permissible under the Meroni doctrine (as modified by Case C-270/12)?
Christine Recker (2018). Banking Resolution Under the SRM Regulation and the Single Resolution Board: An assessment of the limits to the delegation of powers to EU agencies - The Single Resolution Board and its compliance with the Meroni doctrine.
Jasmin Hiry (2018). Fitting national social security benefits into European categories: Are long-term care benefits exportable within the framework of Regulation 883/2004?
Eline Vancraybex (2018). Innovation in the EU Merger Control Battlefield: In Search for Best Practices.
Chris Mondschein (2017). The Regulation of Targeted Behavioural Advertising in the European Union
Sarah Wagner (2017). The Future of Transatlantic Data Flows: Privacy Shield or Privacy Sieve? An adequacy assessment by reference to the jurisprudence of the Court of Justice of the European Union.
Kortese, L (2016). Assessing the Coherence of Mechanisms for the Recognition of Qualifications: Discerning Dimensions to a Multilevel Challenge.
Leonie Kijewski (2015). Protecting Borders, People and Rights at Sea? An Analysis of Frontex’s Approach to Human Rights.
Koen Orbons (2015), EU Accession to the ECHR:Is it still worth pursuing after Opinion 2/13.
Nina Stoffel (2015). Quo Vadis Impact Assessment? An Evaluation of the European Commission’s New Better Regulation Agenda.
Nina Ferreira (2015). The European Parliament’s Practice in the Adoption of International Trade Agreements: The Creation of an Institutional Parallelism to the Unilateral Dimension?
Annual Report 2021Monday, March 21, 2022
This Annual Report highlights the main activities of the Centre that were undertaken in the year 2021.
Annual Report 2020Wednesday, April 7, 2021
This Annual Report highlights the main activities of the Centre that were undertaken in the year 2020.
Annual Report 2019Tuesday, May 12, 2020
This Annual Report highlights the main activities of the Centre that were undertaken in the year 2019.