Call for papers Annual MACCH Conference
Convened towards the end of The European Fine Art Fair in Maastricht, this symposium aims to strengthen the exchange between theory and practice in the conservation of contemporary art by exploring promising practices (and failures) and by critically questioning its conditions and drawbacks.
Call for papers
For the panels we welcome papers addressing one of the following themes:
1. Theoretical attempts to rethink the artwork and artist intent and their implications for conservation ethics and decision-making.
2. New materials and materialities
3. New modes of production, new modes of collecting
4. New approaches to documentation and archiving
5. Challenging professional and institutional roles and responsibilities; expanded networks: collaborations and controversies
6. Art, law and the market