Playing with ChatGPT
Hello it’s me… ChatGPT: What exactly are Large Language models, and what does that tell us about the challenges and opportunities for teaching at university?
- Learn about how Large Language Models work,
- Learn about its strengths and weaknesses,
- Learn about the legal issues,
- Discuss the implications for scientific (code) writing,
- Work on possible changes in your teaching and assessment,
- Possibly discuss implications for sentience and consciousness.
This activity will be offered on-site at EDLAB. This activity may count towards your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) if relevant to your situation.
About the trainer
Michael Capalbo has a wide range of interests and backgrounds. He has a Master's degree in Educational Psychology and a PhD in computational neuroscience and does research into the human brain and personalised assessment. He is a BBC public speaking competition winner, a Comenius Senior Teaching Fellow and teaches at the faculty of psychology, the university college and at the faculty of computing sciences. In his last role, he taught about Large Language Models, like GPT, for years.
12 Jun 13 Jun09:30 - 14:30
The UM Education Days will be back on 12-13 June 2024. Save the dates in your calendar!
Assessment, tutoring, advising, technology, inclusivity, feedback, educational design, and much more! Once again, the Maastricht University Teaching & Learning community will exchange, share, learn, discuss and...