Language support

Students who go abroad for a study, internship or graduation must master the language of the guest institute sufficiently. This is usually English, but sometimes other languages are spoken. Often, mastery of language is a formal requirement for admission to an education programme. If this is the case, you will have to take a test to demonstrate your proficiency.

Take a language course at the Language Centre

You can take a language course at the UM Language Centre. You will get a certificate at the end of these courses. You can use this certificate to demonstrate how well you have mastered a given language.

Some faculties also offer language training. Ask about this at your faculty's International Relations Office.

Overview of language courses > Area of interest: choose 'Language & Culture' > Organisational unit: choose 'Language Centre'.

Demonstrate your level of English

If you are going to study abroad, you will often be asked to take a test to prove that you have mastered English sufficiently. Two well-known tests are the TOEFL test and the IELTS test.

Read more about the TOEFL test and the IELTS test

Online language training for Erasmus+ students

Students who go abroad through the Erasmus+ programme can take Online Linguistic Support (OLS). The training is available for the main languages within Erasmus +. Ask your faculty's International Relations Office for more information

 Read more on the Online Linguistic Support