UM-REC was created in 2018 as the apex of the ethics review system at Maastricht University for non-WMO research (any research with human participants that falls outside the scope of the Wet medisch-wetenschappelijk onderzoek met mensen; Law on medical scientific research with human subjects).
UM-REC is the venue for addressing overarching questions that cannot be adequately dealt with by the individual faculty ethics committees alone. In addition, UM-REC offers a forum to exchange experience and best practices amongst the faculty ethics committees. UM-REC meets at least twice per year.
- Prof. Wiebe Bijker (chair of ERCIC)
- Prof. Harald Merckelbach (chair of ERCPN)
- Prof. David Townend (chair of FHML-REC)
- Dr. Halszka Jarodzka (Open University Netherlands)
- Prof. Dirk Lanzerath (University of Bonn)
- Dr. Jolanda Mathijssen (Tilburg University)
Prof. Wiebe Bijker acts as chair of UM-REC and Dr. Natasja Reslow as secretary.
To get in touch with UM-REC, please send an email to dr. Natasja Reslow