Coming from abroad
Registration in the municipality of Venlo
Are you moving to Venlo from outside the Netherlands? Are you planning to stay for at least four months? Then you will need to register in the Municipal Personal Records Database (in Dutch "BRP").
Maastricht University (UM) and the municipality of Venlo would like to help you register. To enable a smooth and quick registration, free registration sessions are organised at the municipality of Venlo on Tuesday morning 25 August 2020. If you move to Venlo please register for a group meeting.
You need to collect and bring the following documents (not older than 6 months):
- Original birth certificate Non-EU nationality: maybe you need a apostille or legalisation stamp, check the 'Netherlands and you'- website
- A copy of the birth certificate
- A certified translation of the birth certificate (only if the original document is not in English, Dutch, French or German)
- Original proof of marital status (via an official document you need to prove that you are not married. It is different for every country where to get this kind of document, but you can always call your embassy to inquire or simply google it).
Non-EU nationality: maybe you need a apostille or legalisation stamp, check the 'Netherlands and you'- website
- A copy of the marital status
- A certified translation of the proof of marital status (only if the original document is not in English, Dutch, French or German).
- Valid passport or ID card
- UM certificate of enrolment
- Filled out form of city hall (available at Campus Venlo or download here)
- Proof of residence (signed rental agreement)
- Only for students with a non-EU nationality: a copy of your residence permit (front and back) and if you don’t have it yet, a copy of the email from Maastricht University stating that your residence card is available
Please make copies of all these documents beforehand!
You have to hand in the copies at the municipality of Venlo. The originals of all documents will be returned to you at the end of the appointment.