The Department of Bioinformatics (BiGCaT) is part of NUTRIM (School of Nutrition and Translational Research in Metabolism) at Maastricht University.
It was founded in 2001 by Prof. Dr. Chris Evelo aiming at employing bioinformatics approaches in systems biology to integrate experimental data and data with current knowledge.
The department focuses on the development and application of Integrative Systems Biology approaches in various research fields.
- Integrative Systems Biology & Bioinformatics
- Applications in Nutrition, Metabolism, Toxicology, Immunology, Rare Diseases
- Method and Tool development
- Led by Prof. Dr. Chris Evelo
- @bigcat_UM https://twitter.com/bigcat_UM