Update #18: cyber attack UM
Symposium ‘Lessons learnt’ on 5 February
The symposium planned by UM to provide more details about the cyber attack will not take place on Thursday 6 February as previously announced, but on Wednesday 5 February. UM would like to share the lessons learned in the wake of the attack on its computer systems with the wider public. During the symposium, the university will also address questions that could not be answered while the investigation was still ongoing. There will be an opportunity for the media to ask questions.
More and more systems operational
In the meantime, more and more systems are being released and they are fully available. From the very start, priority has been given to high-impact systems serving education, research and employees. Parallel to this, considerable progress has been made with other systems. Click here for the latest overview.
A few more weeks to go
It will certainly take a few more weeks before all systems are up and running again. The smaller support systems will become operational during these final weeks. Although these systems only make up around 20% of the total, their recovery is expected to take up 80% of the time.
Information desks and mailboxes for students and staff
Students who have questions that are not answered in the FAQ and that are not study-related, can send an email to info[at]m-u[dot]nl. Study related questions can be sent to your own faculty, via the mailboxes below.
Staff members can address their units with their questions.
- Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences: fhml[at]m-u[dot]nl, Universiteitssingel 50
- Faculty of Psychology and Neuroscience: fpn[at]m-u[dot]nl, Universiteitssingel 40
- Faculty of Law: fl[at]m-u[dot]nl, Bouillonstraat 2
- Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences: fasos[at]m-u[dot]nl, Grote Gracht 90/92
- Faculty of Science and Engineering: fse[at]m-u[dot]nl, Kapoenstraat 2
- School of Business and Economics: sbe[at]m-u[dot]nl, Tongersestraat 53
- Service centres:
University Library, Facility Services & Finance: servicecentra[at]m-u[dot]nl
Students Services Centre & ICTS: info[at]m-u[dot]nl
- Maastricht University Office: muo[at]m-u[dot]nl
- University Libraries: inner city and Randwyck
- Student Services Centre: Bonnefantenstraat 2
Opening hours call centre for students
The call centre can be reached on working days from 8:30 until 17:00 at +31 43 38 85 101 or e-mail: info[at]m-u[dot]nl.