Support from the UM 'Profileringsfonds' for administrative activities
Students who are involved in adminstrative activities often fall behind on their studies. UM compensates for this study delay by providing administrative grants.
Student Services Centre
Secretariat UM Profiling Fund
PO Box 616
6200 MD Maastricht
Criteria you must satisfy
- You must perform recognised administrative activities.
- You only receive the financial support in the period that you receive a student grant and the 12 months after that. Did you lose your right to a student grant a year or more ago? Then you are no longer eligible.
- Would you like financial support for six or more months in one year? Then you must have passed your first year and have obtained at least 40 ECTS per academic year on average. You must also provide an overview of your study results.
- The student association or administrative body you are active in can receive a limited number of administrative grants each year. The Executive Board decides the number of administrative grants made available each academic year. Faculty student associations and the administrative bodies within faculty boards also have a say in determining the number of grants made available.
Are you a foreign student who is not eligible for student finance due to your nationality? You may still be eligible for an administrative grant during the first 60 months of your registration at UM.
How to request financial support
Before 1 May: your board requests support in writing
Before 1 May, the board in which you are active must request financial support for the subsequent academic year in writing. This request must be submitted to the Student Services Centre or to the faculty board if you are a faculty association or administrative body.
Before 1 November: notification that you are eligible for support
The faculty dean or the board that you are a member of must notify the Executive Board of Maastricht University that you are eligible for an administrative grant. This must be done before 1 November of the year in which you will fulfil the administrative position.
You will receive a message from SCC
The SSC will process the nominations. You will be asked to send a current overview from DUO to the SCC. The SCC will then determine the size of the contribution that you will receive.
Tuition Fee Exemption Due to Administrative Activities for Students at Maastricht University
As of 1 September 2017 the Maastricht University offers the possibility to exempt students from paying statutory tuition fees due to:
- a Board position;
- the membership of the University Council;
- engagement in any activities at administrative or social areas.
Read more about the new regulations:
Tuition Fee Exemption Due to Administrative Activities for Students at Maastricht University’. (Only in Dutch)
The so-called ‘Regeling collegegeldvrij besturen’ will expire on 31 August 2017.
To qualify for this regulation, you should in any case:
- be registered for a fulltime study programme at the UM;
- fulfil a fulltime Board position, with an average workload of 40 hours per week;
- be eligible for statutory tuition fees.
- On the basis of your registration you can qualify for Dutch student finance (‘studiefinanciering’).
- On the basis of your registration you can qualify for financial support from the ‘Profileringsfonds’ (administrative grants).
- You do not have to pay tuition fees.
- You may not follow any form of education and you cannot take any exams/examinations.
- You cannot graduate in 2018-2019.
Do you want to know if you qualify for this regulation?
Contact the student dean well before 1 August via: studentendecanen[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl.