Coming from abroad
Registration in the municipality of Venlo
Are you moving to Venlo from outside the Netherlands? Are you planning to stay for at least four months? Then you will need to register in the Municipal Personal Records Database (in Dutch "BRP").
Maastricht University (UM) and the municipality of Venlo would like to help you register.To enable a smooth and quick registration, free registration sessions are organised on 23, 26 and 30 August 2019 at the municipality of Venlo. If you move to Venlo please register for a group meeting.
- Original birth certificate
- A copy of the birth certificate with legalisation or apostille stamp
- A certified translation of the birth certificate (only if the original document is not in English, Dutch, French or German)
- Original proof of marital status (via an official document you need to prove that you are not married. It is different for every country where to get this kind of document, but you can always call your embassy to inquire or simply google it)
- A copy of the marital status document with apostille stamp
- A certified translation of the proof of marital status (only if the original document is not in English, Dutch, French or German)
- Valid passport or ID card
- Filled out form “1e vestiging Buitenland - student” (available at Campus Venlo) [download]
- Proof of residence (signed rental agreement)
Please make copies of all these documents beforehand!
You have to hand in the copies at the municipality of Venlo. The originals of all documents will be returned to you at the end of the appointment.