The Maastricht Consulates Prize on EU Law 2023
The Corps Consulaire à Maestricht (the Consul Association of Limburg) was set up in 2012. It brings together the honorary consuls appointed in the province of Limburg, The Netherlands. The Consul Association of Limburg aims, among other things, to strengthen international collaboration and promote knowledge about the EU and European developments among the general public. Within this context, the Consul Association has jointly decided to award a prize (value: 1000 euro) for the best master thesis in the field of EU law, written at the Faculty of Law of Maastricht University during the academic year 2022/2023. The Prize will be awarded to the student who wrote a thesis of outstanding quality. Other outstanding articles can be honourably mentioned.
The Award Ceremony will take place at the end of January 2024.
- The thesis must be submitted by a student registered at the Faculty of Law of Maastricht University within the framework of a master programme offer by this Faculty.
- The thesis is written within the field of EU law and has a received a grade of 8,5 or higher.
- The thesis is written in English.
- The thesis has been written and submitted for grading in the academic year 2022/2023.
- The thesis must be submitted in its original and graded form.
- Candidates are allowed to submit one thesis only.
The jury will consist of Prof. B. De Witte (chair), Dr. Pauline Melin and Dr. Fulvia Ristuccia.
- The jury may decide to award the Prize to two or more candidates. In this case, the Prize money shall be divided accordingly.
- The jury may decide not to award the Prize if they feel that no thesis of sufficient quality was submitted. The jury may decide to select other outstanding theses to be honourably mentioned.
- The jury may decide, with the author’s consent, to have the most outstanding thesis published.
- The deadline for submitting the application to this prize is 1 November 2023. Candidates will be informed of the final decision of the jury on 15 December 2023.
- Candidates are kindly requested to send:
an application letter clearly stating that the thesis is to be considered as a submission for the Prize. This letter should contain: the name, address, telephone number and e-mail address of the author; Master’s programme, the title of the thesis and the grade of the thesis, as well as the name of the thesis supervisor;
the master thesis;
a recent cv.
The application letter, thesis and cv should be send to: email@example.com.
Enquiries may be addressed to Dr. Pauline Melin at firstname.lastname@example.org.