BFF #11 Shake Patriarchy!
Every first Friday evening of the month, Bonnefanten opens its museum to the public free of charge. At Bonnefanten First Fridays, communities claim the museum and decide what’s on the programme.
Gender, activism and women’s rights. Time to wake up anyone who has not yet been woken up. The museum opens its doors to zoom in on the role of gender in the art world together with Studium Generale (SG) and COC Limburg during the 11th edition of #BFF.
- Talkshow (in Dutch) on the role of gender in art: programme maker Barbara Strating talks with writer Aya Sabi about her book Half leven and with cultural anthropologist Lotte Thissen about the impact of representation of the female body.
- An ongoing workshop by researcher Luca Soudant about gender and sound.
- An audio tour developed by researcher Ulrike Scholtes especially for this evening: an exercise in the use of your body in a museum.
The game Shirts against Patriarchy! to be played throughout the museum.
And there is more
- Let 'Nurse Purse' Darla Davina read your future based on your handbag.
- Enjoy a drag and burlesque performance by Gigi Love and White Canvas, among others.
- Find out all about professional drag make-up, and join the conversation about gender.
- During this evening, the performance 'Sweet Dreams Sweet' by Melati Syrodarma, winner of the Bonnefanten Award for Contemporary Art 2022, will take place and a special guest from the exhibition Beating Around the Bush #7: Vals Plat will take you along in a flamboyant demonstration.
See the complete programme via this link
Next to the free visit of the exhibitions, enough to look forward to!
07 Nov 12 Dec20:00 - 21:30
Studium Generale | Lecture Series
5 different speakers
03 Dec19:30 - 22:30
Studium Generale | Opera Visit, Engelstalig
05 Dec19:30 - 22:50
Studium Generale | Film & Talk