Prof Dr Tjark Vredeveld (T.)
Tjark Vredeveld is a professor of Planning and Scheduling at Maastricht University School of Business and Economics. He received his PhD in mathematics from Eindhoven University of Technology in 2002. After obtaining his PhD, he has worked as a postdoctoral fellow at the University of Rome, La Sapienza and as a researcher at the Zuse Institute in Berlin. In 2005, he moved to Maastricht University, where he now is a full professor at the department of Quantitative Economics. He has been a guest professor at the Escuela Polytechnica Nacional in Quito and a visiting researcher among others at the TU Berlin and Universidad de Chile.Tjark Vredeveld is member of the executive board of the Dutch Network on the Mathematics of Operations Research (LNMB) and the board of the Mathematics Centre Maastricht.
The research of Tjark Vredeveld is in discrete optimization, especially in scheduling and resource allocation. He focusses on the complexity as well as the design and analysis of (approximation) algorithms. Moreover, he is interested in dealing with uncertainty, both in the design of algorithms as well as in the analysis of them.
- Planning and scheduling
- Design and analysis of algorithms
- Optimization under uncertainty
- Combinatorial optimization and logistics
- PhD in Mathematics, Eindhoven University of Technology (2002)
- Postdoc at Dipartimento di Informatica e Sistemistica, Universita di Roma “La Sapienza”, Rome, Italy (2002)
- Postdoc at Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum (ZIB), Berlin, Germany (2002-2004)
- Assistant professor at Maastricht University (2005-2009)
- Associate professor at Maastricht University (2010-2020)
- Professor of Planning and Scheduling at Maastricht University (since 2020)