Lars Rieser is a researcher at the Department of Accounting and Information Management at the School of Business and Economics, Maastricht University.
His research interest focus on exploring how individuals make decisions with respect to information system adoption, use, continuance, and ultimately discontinuance. Within this research stream Lars is particular interested in how co-creation between information system users and developers can shape the success of information systems in the post-release phase.
Besides this he conducts research into the negative consequences that the use or implementation of modern information systems can have on an individual’s well-being. He was further involved in a NWA founded project on the design of privacy sensitive smart services.
His teaching portfolio includes a wide range of information systems related courses such as Systems Analysis and Design, ERP Systems, Management Information Systems. More recently he has developed and taught several courses related to Business Intelligence Systems, Business Analytics, and Data Management.
- 2019 - Present Maastricht University - Assistant Professor
- 2017 - 2019 Open Universiteit - Assistant Professor
- 2017 - 2017 Antwerp University - Research Assistant
- 2012 - 2017 Maastricht University - PhD Student
- 2010 - 2012 Maastricht Univeristy - MSc.
- 2007 - 2010 Maastricht University - BSc.