The HEEC project “Energy Efficiency of Households in Cities: A Multi-method Analysis” is a collaboration between Maastricht University (ICIS) and Chinese Academy of Science (CEEP).
The project is part of Joint Scientific Thematic Research Programme (JSTP) – Smart Energy in Smart Cities, a collaborative research programme by China and the Netherlands with the aim to promote long-term collaboration among scientists from both countries.
The project will investigate energy efficiency determinants for passenger transport and energy use in households in cities. The analysis consists of five research components:
- a decomposition analysis of city energy consumption
- a survey analysis of household behaviour and motivations behind energy consumption
- an analysis of the neighbourhood effect of energy consumption
- a policy analysis based on choice experiments
- a foresight and scenario analysis of household energy consumption in The Netherlands and China