Congress The future of judicial review
On Friday 3rd of May 2019, dr. Mariolina Eliantonio, appointed as professor ‘European and Comparative Administrative Law and Procedure’ in the Faculty of Law will accept this position with the delivery of an inaugural lecture at 16:30 precisely, in the Aula of Maastricht University, Minderbroedersberg, 4-6, Maastricht.
Prior to the inaugural lecture, the congress 'The future of judicial review' by Prof. Mariolina Eliantonio will take place.
More information about the inaugural lecture and the invitation can be found here.
(Registration is not necessary)
The printable programme of the congress can be found here.
(Registration through the green button).
10:50 - 11:00 Opening (Prof. Jan Smits, Dean of the Law Faculty)
11:00 - 12:30 Session 1: Technology and innovation as challenges to traditional concepts of administrative law and judicial review
Chair: Prof. Michael Faure (Maastricht University)
- Prof. Deirdre Curtin (European University Institute): Administrative data-sharing and the quest for accountability
- Prof. Herwig Hofmann (University of Luxembourg): The challenges of new technologies in the EU public law of information
- Prof. Sofia Ranchordas (Groningen University): Automated decision-making and the limits of judicial review
12:30 - 13:30 Lunch
13:30 - 15:00 Session 2: Scientific and technical assessments as object of judicial review – the limits of administrative discretion and beyond
Chair: Prof. Ellen Vos (Maastricht University)
- Prof. Joana Mendes (University of Luxembourg): Towards an EU concept of administrative discretion
- Prof. Rob Widdershoven (Utrecht University): Judicial scrutiny of complex economical and technical assessments
- Prof. Lorenzo Casini (IMT Lucca): Judicial review and global regulators
15:00 to 15:30 Closing reflections
Prof. Bruno de Witte (Maastricht University and European University Institute)
16:30 Inaugural speech by Prof. Mariolina Eliantonio – “The normative demands of wine governance”
12 Dec 22 Dec
13 Dec 15 Dec
This 2,5 days training programme is a building block of the full Diploma Track on Privacy Management.
18 Dec 20 Dec00:00
36th International Conference on Legal Knowledge and Information Systems.