UM's organisational culture and identity
The ideas expressed in Room for Everyone’s Talent resonate with Maastricht University as a young, pioneering university in the heart of Europe. UM has always been ambitious in the areas of innovative small-scale education and interdisciplinary research with demonstrable societal impact. UM’s organisational culture is best described using several key concepts; the specific combination of which form the core of our identity.
- Academic citizenship, the UM community exemplifies the concept of academic citizenship.
- Educational approach, since its inception, UM has been shaped by its focus on innovative, student-centred education.
- Interdisciplinary research, research at UM is mission-driven, and its integration of multiple disciplines helps to contribute to solving regional and international challenges.
- Societal impact, from the founding of the university in 1976, UM has been a vehicle for the economic and intellectual development of the Limburg region and beyond.
- MUMC+ partnership, our strong partnership with the MUMC+ academic hospital is one of the pillars of our embedment in the local community.
- Diversity and inclusivity, UM strives to go well beyond quotas and compliance; we are determined to foster an environment in which everyone is and feels welcome.
- Leadership, well-developed leadership is a precondition to succeed, and therefore considered a key area in itself.