Student Project Team (SPT)
The Student Project Team (SPT) consists of four students who work together for one academic year to make Maastricht University (UM) more student-oriented. The SPT is involved in many projects at different UM departments and external organisations. It also develops its own projects for UM students.
Want to stay updated? Like the SPT Facebook page!
The Student Panel
The Student Panel is composed of roughly 70 students who regularly discuss topics of concern to both the university and its students. As a student, you can join the Panel by sending an email to SPT. We organize panel sessions on the request of the staff or students of the university. The feedback provided in these panel sessions is used by many UM departments as well as external organizations. To request a panel, call or send us an email.
Question Pop-up on the Student Portal (experimental)
We are offering an opportunity to periodically ask students single or multiple choice questions through a pop-up on the Student Portal. The submitted questions will be shown to students visiting the portal. We will send the statistics about the answers to the indicated email address and publish them unless agreed otherwise. Questions can be submitted here.
Feedback forum (experimental)
A feedback forum allows for discussing open questions online. It is made for structured and civilized discussion. You can ask questions to relevant groups in the university and answer the questions addressed to your group. SPT will share and distribute new questions via email and Facebook, to reach the target group. Both staff and student organizations are welcome to test, try and use our first prototype of the forum.
The name says it all: projects. The SPT designs, develops and contributes to UM projects, always with the student perspective in mind. These projects include:
- Managing the Student Panel: the SPT organises panel sessions for various departments within and outside UM in which students provide feedback on various UM projects.
- Developing a student-friendly environment for the new campus on the Tapijn site.
- Ensuring that the Student Portal caters to the needs of students.
- Participating in working groups involved in the Employability project, which seeks to make students more employable and the UM more career-oriented.
- Managing the UM building on the Gebroeders Hermansstraat, where student associations can book rooms and organise meetings free of charge.
- Organising the Student Idea Competition, in which students can attend workshops and present their business idea to an expert jury and win up to €400 to kick-start their idea
- Increasing the response rate for the Student Monitor.
- Developing projects that benefit UM students, such as the Sustainability and Development Career Day, the Exchange Database and the Skills Academy.
Members of the Student Project Team 2018/19
|Arianna De Petris, Team Leader|
|Jur Schilp, Vice Team Leader and Student Panel Chair||studentpanel-spt[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl|
|Jaimy van Dijk, Treasurer||finance-spt[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl|
|Loukia Hadjiyianni, Promotion Coordinator||communications-spt[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl|
|Student Project Team||2017/18||2016/17||2015/16||2014/15||2013/14|
|Team leader||Thomas Devine||Pleunie Simons||Lucia Tetley||Lucy van Dieijen||Yvon Heijmans|
|Vice team leader||Rob van der Horst||Barbara Caron||Szymon Czerny||Lorenza de Domenico||Thomas Schäfer|
|Treasurer||Karol Skalski||Gisela Garrido Veron||Krzysztof Adam Górski||Luka Delsing|
|Promotion coordinator||David Kaik||Maximilian Timmerman||Simone Maassen||Elisa Jansen||Céline Charles|