Student Project Team (SPT)
The Student Project Team (SPT) consists of four students who work together for one academic year to make Maastricht University (UM) more student-oriented. The SPT is involved in many projects at different UM departments and external organisations. It also develops its own projects for UM students.
Want to stay updated? Like the SPT Facebook page!
The name says it all: projects. The SPT designs, develops and contributes to UM projects, always with the student perspective in mind. These projects include:
- Managing the Student Panel: the SPT organises panel sessions for various departments within and outside UM in which students provide feedback on various UM projects.
- Developing a student-friendly environment for the new campus on the Tapijn site.
- Ensuring that the Student Portal caters to the needs of students.
- Participating in working groups involved in the Employability project, which seeks to make students more employable and the UM more career-oriented.
- Managing the UM building on the Gebroeders Hermansstraat, where student associations can book rooms and organise meetings free of charge.
- Organising the Student Idea Competition, in which students can attend workshops and present their business idea to an expert jury and win up to €400 to kick-start their idea
- Increasing the response rate for the Student Monitor.
- Developing projects that benefit UM students, such as the Sustainability and Development Career Day, the Exchange Database and the Skills Academy.
The Student Panel
The Student Panel is composed of roughly 70 students who regularly discuss topics of concern to both the university and its students. This provides the SPT with insight into students' experiences and ideas on different topics. The feedback provided in these panel sessions is used by many UM departments as well as external organisations.
Interested in joining the Student Panel?
Send an email to viceteamleader-spt[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl
Members of the Student Project Team 2017/18
|Thomas Devine, team leader|
|Rob van der Horst, vice team leader||viceteamleader-spt[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl|
|Karol Skalski, treasurer||treasurer-spt[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl|
|David Kaik, promotion coordinator||promotion-spt[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl|
|Student Project Team||2016/17||2015/16||2014/15||2013/14|
|Team leader||Pleunie Simons||Lucia Tetley||Lucy van Dieijen||Yvon Heijmans|
|Vice team leader||Barbara Caron||Szymon Czerny||Lorenza de Domenico||Thomas Schäfer|
|Treasurer||Gisela Garrido Veron||Krzysztof Adam Górski||Luka Delsing|
|Promotion coordinator||Maximilian Timmerman||Simone Maassen||Elisa Jansen||Céline Charles|