Dr Max Löffler (M.R.)
Max Löffler is an Assistant Professor of Economics at the Department of Microeconomics and Public Economics at Maastricht University. He is also an Affiliate at the CESifo Research Network and the Institute of Labor Economics (IZA). His areas of specialization are public and urban economics with a particular focus on the effects of taxes and the study of inequality.
He received his Ph.D. in Economics from the University of Cologne in 2018. Before joining Maastricht University, he worked as a teaching assistant at the Center for Macroeconomic Research, as an economist at the ifo Center for Macroeconomics and Surveys, and as a junior researcher at the Centre for European Economic Reseach (ZEW).
Professional career history
- Since 10/2019: Assistant Professor of Economics, Department of Microeconomics and Public Economics, Maastricht University
- 04/2018–09/2019: Economist, ifo Center for Macroeconomics and Surveys, ifo Institute, Munich
- 06/2017–09/2019: Teaching Assistant, Center for Macroeconomic Research, University of Cologne
- 04/2014–05/2017: Researcher, Research Group “International Distribution and Redistribution”, ZEW Mannheim
- 08/2012–03/2014: Resident Research Affiliate, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA), Bonn
- 07/2018: Ph.D. in Economics (Dr. rer. pol.), University of Cologne
- 05/2012: Diploma in Economics (Diplom-Volkswirt), University of Cologne