U.S. Direct Loans (FAFSA)
Maastricht University (UM) is a registered participant in the U.S. Direct Loans Program. The Federal School Code of Maastricht University is: 042571. UM students who pay tuition fees holding a valid American passport, or who are permanent residents of the U.S. are eligible for the loan.
Types of loans
Am I eligible?
The following students are eligible to receive Federal Student Aid: U.S. passport holders or permanent residents registered for a full-time study programme at Maastricht University. Please note that students registered for a joint study programme or the Medicine programme are not eligible to receive loans.
Read more about
- Please familiarise yourself with the documents outlining the conditions for accepting and studying with a U.S. Direct Loan at Maastricht University below.
- Loan applicants must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online.
- Loan applicants should fill out the UM Questionnaire here.
- Upon receiving the UM Questionnaire, eligible Loan Applicants will receive further instructions from the UM Financial Aid Officer and U.S. Direct Loans Primary Destination Point Administrator Luc van den Akker including the calculation of your eligible amount.
- You can contact the Financial Aid Officer via firstname.lastname@example.org