Individual appointments for psychological problems
We can help you with psychological problems and complaints such as: anxieties, feelings of guilt, gloominess, stress symptoms, a lack of self-confidence, difficulties making or keeping contact, problems and conflicts with your parents, family or friends (boyfriend/girlfriend), or if you're having trouble dealing with grief.
What to expect?
You can sign up for a Quick Psychological Referral (QPR) with a UM Psychologist. During a 10-minute QPR, you can verbalize your biggest concern or give a summary of your situation. The UM Psychologist will help you find the right support within or outside of UM.
Besides the QPR, you can also consider the following options:
- If you need longer-term or more specialised help, you have to make an appointment with your General Practitioner (GP) or family doctor.
- You can find information about the mental health care system in the Netherlands, finding a GP and health insurance here.
- Maybe some of the resources from our (online) offer can help you. All online offer is free for UM students. Have a look at Student Wellbeing.
- We offer group workshops or training courses on various topics (stress, fear of failure, perfectionism, etc.) on a regular basis.
- You can do the Mind-Health Check and get tailored advice. With this check, you can also do several online modules on mood, procrastination, or stress, with the possibility of an online follow-up from a coach.
- To help you form an idea on what you can do, you can also fill in the decision tree.
Are you in a situation where you cannot wait for help?
- In an emergency and crisis situation you can, outside office hours, contact the General Practitioners office of the Academic Hospital Maastricht, 043-3877777.
- During office hours, you can contact your own General Practitioner. If you do not have a GP yet, register as soon as possible. List of GP's.
- Do you have suicidal thoughts? At 113 Suicide Prevention you can chat with a professional. You can also call the free number 113 or 0800-0113 anytime.
Please note that every person who lives or works in the Netherlands is legally obliged to take out standard health insurance.