Call for Papers for the 18th Joint Seminar of the European Association of Law and Economics and The Geneva Association
The 18th Joint Seminar of the International Association for the Study of Insurance Economics (The Geneva Association) and the European Association of Law and Economics (EALE) will take place at the Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Faculty of Banking, Finance and Insurance, Milan on 13-14 June 2019.
Any papers dealing with the legal and economic implications of the use of technology innovations to (re)insurance industry are invited. Papers could inter alia deal with the following issues:
• The regulatory implications of insurtech;
• Blockchain and (re)insurance processes and payments including smart contracts;
• Peer-to-peer insurance and digital distribution;
• Threats and opportunities of big data for insurers and their customers
• Internet of things, big data and product oversight governance;
• Insurtech and risks demutualisation (personalisation versus solidary)
• Robot advisors, robot brokers;
• Driverless cars, unmanned ships, drones and insurance regulation;
• Internet of things and insurance products;
• Sharing economy and insurance;
• Insurtech and risk mitigation.
Abstracts should be submitted by 15 January 2019 for review by a scientific board. The acceptance of the proposals will be announced by 15 February 2019.
Full papers are due by 13 May 2019. A selection of the papers from the seminar will be invited for publication in The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance—Issues and Practice.
The seminar is sponsored by The Geneva Association.
It is organised by Pierpaolo Marano (Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Milan).
Prof. Pierpaolo Marano, Catholic University of the Sacred Heart, Largo A. Gemelli 1, 20121 Milan, Italy. Tel: (+39) 3397924472.