Select the right journal for your paper
10 selection criteria to consider when you search for the right journal for your article
Do you know to what journal to submit your next paper? Or are you struggling to find the right journal? Or the criteria to consider?
Selection criteria to consider:
- Topical fit – does your article fits the scope of the journal?
- Formal restrictions – Funding requirements
- Open Access
- Versions of the article
- Ingelfinger rule
- Restrictions based on author guidelines
- Prestige/reputation of a journal
- Acceptance / rejection rates
- Peer review quality
Let us help you with our 10-step guide to find journals where you could submit your manuscript.