Mathematics requirement at School of Business and Economics
Do you have a mathematics deficiency or do you just want to refresh your mathematics skills, despite meeting the mathematics requirements? We have good news for you! The Maastricht University School of Business and Economics (SBE) offers an online preparatory math course and the online exam in order for you to have a smooth start of your bachelor's programme in September.
Or refresh your mathematics skills
Do you meet the mathematics requirements but do you feel that your mathematical knowledge got a bit rusty? Or do you simply want to make sure that you are well-prepared before your bachelor’s programme starts? We offer you the possibility to take the online preparatory course in mathematics.
Before enrolling in the course, you can check your mathematics knowledge by taking our diagnostic entry test. This test consists of 14 basic questions. If one or more of your answers are incorrect, we recommend that you register for the online preparatory course, as it is likely that you will benefit from refreshing your math skills.
How to register for the online preparatory math course
- Visit the SOWISO environment for the programme of your choice:
- Are you applying for the bachelor’s programme International Business, Economics and Business Economics or Fiscal Economics? Go to the online course
- Are you applying for the bachelor’s programme Econometrics and Operations Research or Business Analytics? Go to the online course.
- Are you applying for the bachelor’s programme Business Engineering? Go to the online course.
2. Create an account within the SOWISO environment
3. Go to the ‘Store’ tab and buy the product that corresponds with your programme of choice.
4. The purchased course will appear on the home screen.
Important to know:
- Because the course is offered online, you can work on the course whenever and wherever you wish, as long as you have an internet connection.
- The course costs €30
- The courses are available in Dutch and English. You can change the language in your profile.
- The course will generally take 60-100 hours, so we advise you to schedule your time wisely.
The online math exam
Once you have completed the online preparatory course, you are ready to take the online exam. The online exam is only necessary for students who need to clear their mathematics deficiency, for the other students this exam is optional. By passing this exam you prove that you possess the required mathematics knowledge to start your study programme at SBE. You will receive a registration link for the exam once you have made sufficient progress in your online course.
There are two different exams:
- the OMPT-A test (for students applying for the bachelor’s programmes International Business, Economics and Business Economics, and Fiscal Economics)
- the OMPT-B test (for Econometrics and Operations Research, Business Analytics and Business Engineering).
Important to know:
- The exam costs about €150
- The online exam is proctored. This means students will be monitored during the test.
- You can take the test online at your convenience, choosing both time and location.