How to apply
Application deadline: 15 June
Starts: 1 September at the University of Aruba
Classes take place in Aruba. Please note that the Dutch Ministry of Education has the intention to abolish a currently applicable rule by which 25% of the programme should take place in the Netherlands. There is a slight chance that education will have to take place in the Netherlands, however, the Dutch Ministry of Education has planned to have this rule go into force by 30 September 2018. The Dutch Ministry has confirmed this intention in writing to Maastricht University.
Step 1: 0n-line registration & application
Please note that in order to apply at the Faculty of Law, you first need to apply to Maastricht University (UM). Complete all required fields on the form (marked with an *) and other relevant fields. If you need help with a specific question click on the questionmark.
- After completion of the initial registration form, you will receive an email containing the User ID and Password which you need for the application to the Faculty of Law. If you have any questions concerning your registration and application at Maastricht University, please contact us via admissions-law[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl
- If you want to change any information on your application form, please do not complete a new form but inform us about the change via admissions-law[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl and we will process the change in our system.
- Within 24 hours, you will receive an email at the email address you just entered on the registration form (so make sure you enter the correct data!). This e-mail will contain your user ID and password and a link to the My Um portal.
- Please go to the MyUM portal for the online APPLICATION, and enter your user ID and password in order to log on: Click on ADMISSIONS and choose "new application" to go to the application form.
Make sure to enter the following data:
Faculty --> choose “Faculty of Law”
Program of study --> choose LAW: Double Degree IETL
If you do not select the correct programme of study this might cause a delay in your application.
You need to fill out the period as follows:
01-09-2018 to 31-08-2019, academic year: 2018-2019
Step 2: uploading documents
You will need to upload the following documents while filling in the online application, so please have them ready in digital form:
- A copy of your passport
- A letter of motivation
- A letter of reference
- A certified copy of your diploma
- A list of grades
- IELTS/TOEFL/Cambridge test result
- A portrait photo
Please note that we also need you to send a certified copy of your diploma per post to our office:
International Relations Office Maastricht University
Faculty of Law
PO box 616
6200 MD Maastricht
Upon receipt of your complete application, the Board of Admission will take a decision regarding your admittance to the programme. For questions about the admissions requirements or programme contents, please contact us at: admissions-law[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl
If you apply to this programme you automatically apply to the University of Aruba. Thus by sending us your personal details you agree to the UM arranging your application with the University of Aruba.