I’m a hands-on, full stack senior software engineer with almost 15 years of experience with every part of the systems development lifecycle. By education and experience I gained a broad knowledge of electronics and hardware, ranging from low-level microprocessors and components to complex computer networks. I have worked on numerous projects from concept to completion.
- C# (.NET): Entity Framework, MVC, RAZOR, LINQ, HTML, JSON, AJAX, REST
- C/C++, Visual basic
- SQL (Database design)
- Qt framework: Qt libraries, QML, QtScript
- 3D: Engines, OpenGL, DirectX, SketchUp
- Object Oriented development
- Multi-platform (cross)compiling
- Plug-in frameworks
- TCP/IP, network protocols, encryption
- MS Visual Studio and Qt IDE
- Git (toolings)
- MS Office
Professional career history
(C# .NET) Software Engineer (May 2016 -present)
Maastricht - Maastricht University, Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience
- Full lifecycle development of a web application (https://dors-fpn.maastrichtuniversity.nl/) using C# .NET, MVC, Entity framework
- Creating front and backend solutions for the faculty business workflow automation
- Many users (consisting of students, employees and external users)
(C/C++) Software Engineer (May 2011 - 2016) Maastricht - Maastricht University, Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience
- Full lifecycle development of open source “BrainStim” software (https://github.com/svengijsen/BrainStim) written in C/C++ and Qt.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of two High Performance Computing GPU Servers.
- Verbal and written (English) communication with researchers to resolve new and outstanding technical issues.
(C/C++) Software Engineer (May 2010 – May 2011)
Roermond - Mind Media B.V.
- Development of (prototype) software using MFC/C++ for face detection and tracking with the use of a camera.
- Development of new libraries used for Bio/neuro feedback software.
MRI/software engineer (April 2005 – April 2010) Maastricht
Maastricht University, Faculty of Psychology & Neuroscience
- Hardware and software development of various projects as requested by the research colleagues.
- Tutoring of colleagues and the coordination of a new research MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) lab.
Network/Server/System service engineer (March 2004 - March 2005)
Ittervoort - STEPCO B.V.
- Technical installation, configuration and support of various network infrastructures and computers.
VB software engineer (March 2004 - March 2005)
Venlo - RTS Project B.V.
- Full lifecycle development of software used for workspace administration, mainly used in horticulture industry.