Promotion Fund subsidy for student activities
Are you a student and are you organising a student activity via a student organisation or by another means? Then you may be eligible for a Promotion Fund subsidy.
The subsidy is an amount of at least € 100 and at most € 750. The size of the subsidy depends on the nature of the activity. Activities such as informal drinks, dinners or lunches, for example, are not or are only partly eligible for a subsidy.
For which activities can you receive a subsidy?
During the assessment of your grant application the following factors count in favour of your activity:
it is important for the social, economic and cultural position of students in Maastricht and in particular the students of UM
it promotes internationalisation at UM
it reflects positively on UM and makes a positive contribution to student life in Maastricht
it does not exist yet and it is innovative
it promotes active participation of students
it is open to all UM and university of applied sciences (hbo) students
it is aimed at students from several faculties
it receives sufficient publicity
it supports UM's objectives. You can find all of the objectives in UM's Strategic Programme
Which activities are not eligible for a subsidy?
The UM Promotion Fund does not provide subsidies for:
- sports activities (for these you can apply to Sportraad MUSST)
- activities organised by faculty student associations
- (anniversary) parties (Lustrum)
- activities of national associations
- participation in study trips, congresses and the like by individual students
Subsidies for sports activities
+31 43 388 5340
Other things you need to know
- The UM Promotion Fund awards subsidies for as long as it has the budget to do so.
- You can receive a Promotion Fund subsidy for a maximum of three years for the same type of activity. The UM believes that after three years, the activity must be able to continue independently, for example through income from is operational activities or through a structural subsidy.
- If you have already received a subsidy but the activity does not take place then you need to pay the subsidy back.
- All promotional material must contain the following wording: ‘partly possible due to financial support from the UM Promotion Fund’.
- The Promotion Fund subsidy can serve as a guarantee subsidy. You will be paid as soon as you have submitted a financial overview.
If you are a student at UM and you set up a student organisation or foundation with a direct link to the UM then you can apply for a Promotion Fund subsidy up to a maximum of € 750. You must submit a report within 3 months of the organisation or foundation being established. The organisation or foundation must also satisfy the conditions stated above.
Student organisations (no faculty student organisations) with at least 200 members that want to organise a general meeting can be eligible for a subsidy for letting a room plus any associated costs. You can apply for this up to twice per calendar year for a maximum amount of € 800 per year. As evidence you must be able to submit the invoice for letting the room.
How to apply for the subsidy
Apply on time
Make sure you submit your application in good time and no less than six weeks before the activity.
Submit a complete application
Download the application form for the Promotion Fund and fill it out completely. Don't forget:
the details of the person or organisation applying
the description of the activity including the objective, content, target group, publicity plan and timetable
budget in which the income and expenditure are clearly stated (e.g. revenue from ticket sales)
the amount that you need (at least €100 and at most €750)
Send the completed form and the budget by post to:
Student Services Centre
f.a.o. Secretary of the Promotion Fund Committee
PO Box 616
6200 MD Maastricht
Send the application by email as well to the secretary's office: stimuleringsfonds[at]maastrichtuniversity[dot]nl
You will receive a reply
The Director of the Student Services Centre (SSC) will decide within six weeks whether you have been awarded the promotion subsidy if your request is complete.
In this matter he will receive advice from the Promotion Fund Committee. This committee is made up of two student members from the University Council, an employee of Studium Generale and a student dean. This committee meets once per month with the exception of July and August.