How to apply
The Maastricht Graduate School of Law welcomes proposals for PhD research undertaken at the Faculty of Law or from your own country. Applicants must draft their own research proposal within the context of the research themes in which staff members of the Faculty of Law are experts. Please note that we will only assess proposals that include the name of the envisaged supervisor(s); you will find an overview of our institutes and their research fellows here.
Your application will first be assessed by the proposed supervisor. Part of the application procedure is an interview with a committee of faculty professors. In the 2023/2024 academic year, interviews will take place on the following Tuesdays:
- 3 October 2023
- 5 December 2023
- 6 February 2024
- 9 April 2024
- 11 June 2024
Applications should be submitted no later than three weeks before the interview.
Applications include the following documents:
- Detailed CV, including relevant publications
- Academic transcript of Bachelor’s and Master’s
- A letter of motivation
- A Master's thesis or another substantial piece of writing in English or Dutch
- Your research proposal, following this format
- A letter of commitment from the proposed supervisor