Prof Dr Mariëlle Heijltjes (M.G.)
Mariëlle G. Heijltjes is full professor of Managerial Behaviour, Executive Director of UMIO - Professional Development at Maastricht University and a member of the research theme Culture, Ethics and Leadership
Marielle's professional interest and expertise revolve around questions that relate to the functioning of (top) managers and (top) management teams: What drives their behaviour, when is it effective, when is it responsible and sustainable and what explains the dynamics in (top) management teams?
Her research was published in journals such as the Academy of Management Review, Small Group Research and the Journal of International Business Studies.
In addition to an academic interest in managerial behaviour, she enjoys working on these themes together with companies and consultants and has over the years gained extensive experience in doing so. In her role of executive director of UMIO she furthermore gets ample opportunities to implement her own ideas and findings.
The interaction between science and practice is an important source of inspiration for her in the development of new education and research programs and a continuous source of reflection on the effectiveness of her own leadership style.
Professional career history
- 2018 - present Commissioner, Supervisory Board MECC, Maastricht.
- 2018 - present Member of the ad-interim Supervisory Board of Trajekt, Maastricht.
- 2017 - present Member of the International Advisory Board HHL, Leipzig, Germany
- 2017 - present Board member of United World College Maastricht (UWCM), Maastricht.
- 2014 - present: Member Board of Governors Beta Gamma Sigma (Honor Society of AACSB accredited schools)
- 2013 - present: Member International Advisory Board IESEG School of Management, Lille-Paris
- 2012 - 2015: Chairman of the Euro MBA consortium board
- 2010 - 2013: Board member Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative (GRLI)
- 2010 - 2012: Member Conseil d’Administration, Rouen Business School, France
- 2009 - 2012: Member International Advisory Board Durham Business School, UK
- 2009 - 2010: Member Conseil d’Orientation Stratégique Rouen Business School, France
- 2008 - present: Member of the Euro MBA consortium board
- 2007 -2008: Board member NSI, Maastricht University
- 2006 -2008: Professor of Managerial Behavior (by special appointment), Maastricht University School of Business and Economics
- 2006 - 2014: Member Board of Admissions MBA programs and Msc Management of Learning
- 2005: Visiting professor, Department of First Year Integrated Business Studies, Faculty of Business, Auckland University of Technology, New Zealand (February-May)
- 2001 - 2004: Associate Dean of Education, Member of the Faculty Board, Maastricht University School of Business and Economics
- 2001 - 2004: Chairman Board of Examiners, Maastricht University School of Business and Economics
- 2000 - 2008: Associate professor Organization Studies, Maastricht University School of Business and Economics
- 2000 - 2004: Academic director of Economics and Business Administration, Center for European Studies, Maastricht University
- 1998 - 2000: Co-founder and director of the Executive MBA Program for Engineers (cooperation between Maastricht University and Haus der Technik, Essen, Germany)
- 1997 - 1998: Board member of the Organization Studies Group, Maastricht University School of Business and Economics
- 1995 - 2000: Assistant professor Organization Studies, Maastricht University School of Business and Economics
- 1989: MSc internship Dow Chemical USA, Midland, Michigan, USA (3 months)
- 1987 - 1990: (Student) assistant Center for European Studies, Maastricht
- 1988: AIESEC internship, Pac-Cyklop, Neuilly-sur-Marne, France (summer)
- Full Professor of Managerial Behavior
- Executive Director of UMIO - Professional Development
- Member research theme Culture, Ethics and Leadership