Dr Maud Huynen (M.M.T.E.)
- Maud Huynen (1978) holds Masters Degrees in Environmental Health Science (2001) and Epidemiology (2003) and a Ph.D. in the field of Global Health (2008).
- She conducted her Ph.D. research ‘Future Health in a globalising world’ at the International Centre for Integrated Assessment and Sustainable Development (ICIS), Maastricht University.
- She currently works as assistant professor at the Maastricht Sustainability Institute (MSI; former ICIS).
- In 2005-2010, Maud Huynen worked on the EU-FP6 INTARESE project as work package leader for WP3.7 Climate, which performs an integrated risk assessment of the "health impacts of climate change".
- After 2010, Maud has been involved in several European projects, such as the ERA-NET-project ENHanCE (Risk assessment of the impact of global warming on human health and well-being), the EU FP7 VISION RD4SD project (VISION Research and Development for Sustainable Development) and the NurSusTOOLKIT (NurSusTOOLKIT: A Teaching and Learning Resource for Sustainability in Nursing; Erasmus+ Programme; www.nursus.eu). In addition, she has been involved in several Dutch projects on climate change and health.
- Maud has been an expert advisor/reviewer/contributor on ‘climate change and health’ for the Health Council of The Netherlands (GR), the Dutch Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM), the Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development (ZonMW) and the Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO).
- She is the lead author of the 2019 ZonMw Knowledge Agenda Climate Change and Health.
- In 2004-2011, Maud Huynen coordinated the teaching activities carried out by ICIS. As such, she has been highly involved in developing the MSc Sustainability Science, Policy and Society (SSPS). Maud has developed several BA and MSc courses for the Maastricht University College (UCM), the Maastricht Science Programme (MSP), the Maastricht Graduate School of Governance (MGSoG), the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Science (FHML), and the Maastricht Graduate School of Sustainability Science (MUST). She was nominated for the Maastricht University Education Prize 2009.
- Since 2011, Maud is the Chair of the Education Programme Committee of the MSc. Programme Sustainability Science, Policy and Society (SSPS). She currently coordinates the SSPS course ‘Fundamentals of Sustainable Development’, the BA course ‘Sustainable Development: an introduction’ at University College Maastricht, and the BA course ‘Climate change’ at University College Maastricht. She’s a member of the Planning Committee for the BA course ‘Sustainable Development: an introduction’ at University College Venlo and Maastricht Science Programme. Maud is part of the development team of the new Maastricht University interfaculty sustainability minor
- Climate change and health
- Linkages between health and sustainable development (e.g. planetary health)
- Global health
- Sustainability science
- Integrated environmental health impact assessment
- Education for sustainable development and (global) health
- Sustainable development
- Climate change
- Planetary health
- Sustainability Science
- Scenario development skills