The Supervisory Board advises the Executive Board and vets a number of important documents, including the UM administrative and management regulations, the organisation plan and the budget. The Supervisory Board is accountable to the Minister of Education.
More information on the composition and tasks of the Supervisory Board and compliance with the codes of conduct is available to download on the Regulations page.
The UM Supervisory Board is looking for a new member who knows Maastricht University well and is aligned with the university’s strategic objectives. Ideal candidates are internationally-minded individuals active in academia or business, with expertise in research and education, excellent communications skills, are good with people, and have an especial interest in sustainable development. For more information please download the explanatory leaflet.
The deadline for applications is 23 January 2017.
Mrs. T.M. (Truze) Lodder
- Chair Supervisory Board
- Member Remuneration Committee
- Member Supervisory Board Transnational University Limburg
1st term: 1-12-2007 till 30-11-2011
2nd term: 1-12-2011 till 30-11-2015 (chair since 1-1-2014)
3rd term: 1-12-2015 till 30-11-2017
Governance, Management Consultancy, HRM, Arts & Culture
Former Business Director Dutch National Opera Amsterdam
- Chair of the Board Music Theatre Amsterdam
- Treasurer Europa Nostra
- Commissioner ‘Nederlandse Spoorwegen’
- Chair Supervisory Board NJO
- Member Advisory Commission Nexus Institute
Dr. L.J. (Renk) Roborgh
Chair Audit Committee
Member Supervisory Board transnationale Universiteit Limburg
1st term: 1-9-2013 till 31-8-2017
Former Director-General of Higher and Vocational Education, Science and Emancipation (DGHBWE)
- Member Executive Board 'Clingendael'
- Member Advisory Board 'Leidse Onderwijsinstellingen'
- Member Council of the Wise Fundashon Kalidat Profeshonal Edukashonal Kòrsou KPEK
- Chair Supervisory Council ROC Tilburg
- Member Supervisory Board Scheepvaart en Transport College
- Member Board Post-academic medical courses in Indonesia Foundation
Prof. dr. U. (Ursula) Nelles
- Confidential Advisor University Council
- Remuneration Committee and Appointment Advisory Board (chair)
1st term: 1-7-2009 till 30-06-2013
2nd term: 1-7-2013 till 30-06-2017
Former Rector of Westfälische Wilhems Universität Münster
- legal affairs
Drs. J.A.M. (Koos) van Haasteren
- Member Audit Committee
1st term: 1-4-2014 till 31-03-2018
Former vice-president SABIC Europe
Manager Alloksys Life Sciences Ltd. and AMRIF Ltd.
Board member Jazz Maastricht Foundation
Board member Bright Creations
Prof. dr. M. (Marc) Groenhuijsen
Member Supervisory Board
1st term: 1-9-2015 till 31-8-2019
extended governmental and managerial experience
Professor Criminal Procedural Law and Victimology at Tilburg University.
Deputy Judge arrrondissementsrechtbank Rotterdam
Deputy Justice Gerechtshof Arnhem