The Supervisory Board advises the Executive Board and vets a number of important documents, including the UM administrative and management regulations, the organisation plan and the budget. The Supervisory Board is accountable to the Minister of Education.
More information on the composition and tasks of the Supervisory Board and compliance with the codes of conduct is available to download on the Regulations page.
Supervisory Board chairperson vacancy
The position of chairperson of the Supervisory Board will become vacant on December 1, 2017, when the final term of the current chairperson ends. The profile reflects the desired development of the university and the strategy as laid down in the Strategic Programme
2017 – 2021. The composition of the Supervisory Board should reflect diversity in various ways and complementarity in terms of individual member profiles. For more information please download the profile.
The deadline for application is 15 October 2017.
Mrs. T.M. (Truze) Lodder
- Chair Supervisory Board
- Member Remuneration Committee
- Member Supervisory Board Transnational University Limburg
1st term: 1-12-2007 till 30-11-2011
2nd term: 1-12-2011 till 30-11-2015 (chair since 1-1-2014)
3rd term: 1-12-2015 till 30-11-2017
Governance, Management Consultancy, HRM, Arts & Culture
Former Business Director Dutch National Opera Amsterdam
- Chair of the Board Music Theatre Amsterdam
- Treasurer Europa Nostra
- Commissioner ‘Nederlandse Spoorwegen’
- Chair Supervisory Board NJO
- Member Advisory Commission Nexus Institute
Dr. L.J. (Renk) Roborgh
Chair Audit Committee
Member Supervisory Board transnationale Universiteit Limburg
1st term: 1-9-2013 till 31-8-2017
Former Director-General of Higher and Vocational Education, Science and Emancipation (DGHBWE)
- Member Executive Board 'Clingendael'
- Member Advisory Board 'Leidse Onderwijsinstellingen'
- Member Council of the Wise Fundashon Kalidat Profeshonal Edukashonal Kòrsou KPEK
- Chair Supervisory Council ROC Tilburg
- Member Supervisory Board Scheepvaart en Transport College
- Member Board Post-academic medical courses in Indonesia Foundation
Drs. J.A.M. (Koos) van Haasteren
- Member Audit Committee
1st term: 1-4-2014 till 31-03-2018
Former vice-president SABIC Europe
Manager Alloksys Life Sciences Ltd. and AMRIF Ltd.
Board member Jazz Maastricht Foundation
Board member Bright Creations
Prof. dr. M. (Marc) Groenhuijsen
- Member Supervisory Board
1st term: 1-9-2015 till 31-8-2019
extended governmental and managerial experience
Professor Criminal Procedural Law and Victimology at Tilburg University.
Deputy Judge arrrondissementsrechtbank Rotterdam
Deputy Justice Gerechtshof Arnhem
Dr. J. (Jennifer) Barnes
- Confidential Advisor University Council
1st term: 1-7-2017 till 30-6-2021
- higher education
- arts and culture
- international partnerships
- special advisor
Partner at Saxton Bampfylde
- The University of Suffolk Board of Directors
- Cambridge India Research Foundation
- Non-Executive Director at the University of Oman Development Board
Non-Executive Director at Vestd, London