The Supervisory Board advises the Executive Board and vets a number of important documents, including the UM administrative and management regulations, the organisation plan and the budget. The Supervisory Board is accountable to the Minister of Education.
More information on the composition and tasks of the Supervisory Board and compliance with the codes of conduct is available to download on the Regulations page.
Mr. A. E. (Annelies) van der Pauw
- Chair Supervisory Board (as per 1-12-2017)
Management) experience in corporate governance
Legal and strategic issues relating to large and complex private companies as well as (public) organisations
Partner in the Amsterdam office of the international law firm Allen & Overy LLP
Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Mondriaan Fund, the Dutch national fund for visual arts and cultural heritage
Board member of the Princess Beatrix Fund
Board member (vice-chairman) of the Institute for War & Peace Reporting (IWPR Netherlands)
Supervisory Board member of ICEPAY B.V.
Dr. L.J. (Renk) Roborgh
Chair Audit Committee
Member Supervisory Board transnationale Universiteit Limburg
1st term: 1-9-2013 till 31-8-2017
2nd term: 1-9-2017 till 31-8-2021
Former Director-General of Higher and Vocational Education, Science and Emancipation (DGHBWE)
- Member Executive Board 'Clingendael'
- Member Advisory Board 'Leidse Onderwijsinstellingen'
- Member Council of the Wise Fundashon Kalidat Profeshonal Edukashonal Kòrsou KPEK
- Chair Supervisory Council ROC Tilburg
- Member Supervisory Board Scheepvaart en Transport College
- Member Board Post-academic medical courses in Indonesia Foundation
Drs. J.A.M. (Koos) van Haasteren
- Member Audit Committee
1st term: 1-4-2014 till 31-03-2018
2nd term: 1-4-2018 till 31-3-2022
Former vice-president SABIC Europe
Manager Alloksys Life Sciences Ltd. and AMRIF Ltd.
Board member Jazz Maastricht Foundation
Board member Bright Creations
Prof. dr. M. (Marc) Groenhuijsen
- Member Supervisory Board
1st term: 1-9-2015 till 31-8-2019
extended governmental and managerial experience
Professor Criminal Procedural Law and Victimology at Tilburg University.
Deputy Judge arrrondissementsrechtbank Rotterdam
Deputy Justice Gerechtshof Arnhem
Dr. J. (Jennifer) Barnes
- Confidential Advisor University Council
1st term: 1-7-2017 till 30-6-2021
- higher education
- arts and culture
- international partnerships
- special advisor
Partner at Saxton Bampfylde
- The University of Suffolk Board of Directors
- Cambridge India Research Foundation
- Non-Executive Director at the University of Oman Development Board
Non-Executive Director at Vestd, London