Kai Jonas (K.J.)
Kai J. Jonas is Associate Professor in the Work and Social Psychology Department.
He is currently Editor in Chief of Comprehensive Results in Social Psychology and also holds an adjunct associate professorship at the Jockey Club School of Public Health and Primary Care, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
His research currently centers around self-regulation and affective approaches in area of health and discrimination, as well as risky decisions.
Current projects are:
- EU Flash PrEP survey (co-financed by the Dutch Aids Fonds, in collaboration with AIDES, Paris)
- PrEP among MSM in the Netherlands: Attitudes, intentions, modes of acquisition and sexual risk taking (Mart van Dijk, financed by the Dutch Aids Fonds)
- PREPPY PreP Pilot Study (in collaboration with Love Yourself, Manila, financed by AmfAR & Dutch Aids Fonds)
- Test XXX, HIV testing in Southeast Asia (in collaboration with APCOM, Bangkok, financed by the Dutch Aids Fonds)
- ASAP Annual Sex and Pleasure Survey among MSM in Bangkok (in collaboration with Dr. Thomas Guadamuz, Mahidol University Bangkok)
- BOTOM Bangkok Online Testing On MSM (PI Dr. Thomas Guadamuz, Mahidol University Bangkok, financed by NIH)
- LGBT Hate Crime Coping (PostDoc Dr. Allard Feddes, UvA financed by EU ISF)
- LGBT discrimination coping at the workplace (Martijn Bruil, UvA)
- Self-Regulation of Feedback (with Dr. Nils Jostmann, PostDoc Dr. Inge Wolsink, UvA)
- Child sex exploitation - determinants and interventions (in collaboration with the Dutch National Police)
- #DigitalCourage - moral courage in the digital realm.
- AmsterdamPinkPanel - a national LGBTI research panel in collaboration with COC Amsterdam and UvA (PostDoc Dr. Allard Feddes)
Social Psychology, Health Psychology, Self Regulation, Emotions, HIV Prevention, PrEP, Bystander Intervention, Wills and Heritage
Professional career history
Studies in Valencia/Spain, Göttingen/Germany, Irvine/USA
Diploma 1998 University of Göttingen
2002 Phd at the University of Göttingen, Germany
2002-2008 PostDoc and Assistant Professor at the University of Jena, Jena, Germany.
2008-2016 Assistant Professor (tenured) University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2015/2016 Visiting Professor Mahidol University, Bangkok, Thailand