Mr Ton Geurts (A.V.M.M.)
A.V.M.M. Geurts has a Law degree from the University of Nijmegen. In 2013 he did the Harvard AMP 184 program.
He worked as a senior executive in DSM, then top executive in AkzoNobel and Bekaert as CPO/SVP Supply Chain Excellence, in M&A, sustainability, business en program management on advancing capabilities and performance in the IoT and Excellence programs.
For seven years acted as chairman/board member driving the internationalisation of the NGO/CSO Solidaridad.
Passion for sustainability and the highest business standards is combined with a huge interest in building and shaping organisations.
As a networker he relishes working in complex environments, exploring new horizons and enjoys learning from other cultures.
Currently he is guest lecturer at the Business Schools of Maastricht, Vlerick and Erasmus Universities and Business Development Director of the Brightlands Institute for Supply Chain Innovation (BISCI) in Venlo, the Netherlands.
- Born team builder, leading organizations to higher efficiency & effectivity. High focus on people management and coaching
- Building Sustainability/Chairman NGO Solidaridad and steering companies to leading positions in sustainable supply chains, incl. ranking via rating agencies (DJSI, EcoVadis)
- Chemicals, Pharmaceutical, Metallurgic Industry
- Operations and Excellence incl. P&L improvement strategies, organizational design and Change Management
- Expert in Transformation & Program Management
- Expert in building sustainable supply chains, incl. external ratings
- Mergers and acquisitions
Professional career history
- 2014-2019: SVP Supply Chain Bekaert (CPO, Quality Mgmt., Operations & Sustainability Excellence Programs)
- 2007-2014: CPO AkzoNobel (incl. ICI merger)
- 2003-2007: Purchase/Supply Chain integration management of DSM Nutritional Products (Roche Vitamins)
- 2000-2003: Program Management Corporate E-Business (Company wide roll-out)
- 1996-2000: Business Management Iodine/Quinines Derivatives, globally with production units in EU and Chile
- 1992-1995: Co-Lead Acquisitions, Purchase Management, DSM Fine Chemicals
- 1986-1992: DSM NV, Legal Counsel
Business Director, Brightlands Institute for Supply Chain Innovation