Institute for Transnational and Euregional cross border cooperation and Mobility / ITEM
The expertise centre ITEM operates at the convergence of research, counselling, knowledge exchange, and training activities in the domain of cross-border mobility and cooperation. The countries of the European Union are confronted with great challenges following the increasing globalisation of the economy and the internationalisation of the current and future society. ITEM is an interdisciplinary institute which was initiated by Maastricht University (UM) in cooperation with Zuyd Hogeschool, NEIMED, the (Dutch) province of Limburg, the city of Maastricht and the Meuse-Rhine Euregion.
- Research into opportunities and bottlenecks in cross-border mobility and cooperation
- Cross-border portal with regulations, case law and best practices
- Annual Cross-border impact assessment
- Information exchange with border information points
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, NEIMED and others
- ITEM director is Prof. Dr. Anouk Bollen-Vandenboorn