Institute for Transnational and Euregional cross border cooperation and Mobility / ITEM
The expertise centre ITEM operates at the convergence of research, counselling, knowledge exchange, and training activities in the domain of cross-border mobility and cooperation. The countries of the European Union are confronted with great challenges following the increasing globalisation of the economy and the internationalisation of the current and future society. ITEM is an interdisciplinary institute which was initiated by Maastricht University (UM) in cooperation with Zuyd Hogeschool, NEIMED, the (Dutch) province of Limburg, the city of Maastricht and the Meuse-Rhine Euregion.
- Research into opportunities and bottlenecks in cross-border mobility and cooperation
- Cross-border portal with regulations, case law and best practices
- Annual Cross-border impact assessment
- Information exchange with border information points
- Interdisciplinary collaboration with Zuyd University of Applied Sciences, NEIMED and others
- ITEM director is Prof. Dr. Anouk Bollen-Vandenboorn
27 Sep13:00 - 15:00
Sustainable cross-border infrastructure and mobility in North-West Europe’s delta corridor
Third annual ITEM/HNP side event in relation to the European Week of Cities and Regions (#EURegionsWeek) 2023.
What is the impact of increased sustainability of the infrastructure and mobility on European level and how does it affect cross-border regions? What do the new European frameworks mean for cross border rail transport, pipe transports and inland shipping? What implication does it specifically have for hubs or logistics barriers?
ITEM Annual Conference 2023
The next ITEM Annual Conference will take place in cooperation with Province of South Holland and Kings Commissioner Jaap Smit, on Friday 17 November 2023 in The Hague. You are cordially invited!
We hope to see you at the Annual Conference 2023.