Graduating as a data scientist: Landing a Microsoft dream job I had never heard of.
For everyone who thinks I look a little too young to speak at an alumni event; honestly, same. What I want to during my session is a story of starting out; how I chose my next study or career step so far, how that's worked out for me (and how it sometimes hasn't), and what I would have done differently.
Cloud Solution Architect at Microsoft
Necessary humblebrag statement: It's been less than 2 years since I graduated from DKE and moved out of Maastricht; now I'm the youngest Cloud Solution Architect at Microsoft Netherlands. A lot of questions I get from colleagues, LinkedIn and somethimes Indian fans in instagram DMs, are:
- Why did you choose the Netherlands? Why "knowledge engineering"?
- How did you get an internship?
- Then after 5 months of working "Why would you quit your job to do another internship"
- Why did you drop out of your master? (true story)
- How did you land a job at Microsoft?