Maastricht UMC+ in India
Maastricht UMC+ approach
Maastricht UMC+ has been active in India since 2008. When building partnerships, UMC+ seeks collaboration with renowned institutes as well as research topics that connect with the existing research profile of Maastricht UMC+. At this moment, there are about 25 active partnerships with various (academic, health sector, industrial) partners. Thus far, DBT, DEITY, ICSSR and NWO, ZonMw jointly granted several projects of Maastricht UMC+ and its Indian partners.
Maastricht Education and Research Centre
Maastricht UMC+ has a subsidiary, Maastricht Education and Research Centre Pvt Ltd (MERC), in Bangalore, India. MERC provides academic support services in order to create and maintain lasting network contacts with the international academic community, health sector and business/industry. Furthermore, MERC connects with staff, PhD students and research institutions, medical centres and industries in India. MERC also offers consultancy to prospective PhD students.
Contact in India
MERC Pvt Ltd
4th floor Narayana Nethralaya,
#37 Castle Street (Opp. Sacred Heart Church)
Ashok Nagar, Bangalore 560025, India
A flavour of current research projects
- Development of next-generation corneal crosslinking with artificial intelligence and biomechanical modelling
- Big Imaging data approach for Oncology in a Netherlands India Collaboration
- Functional MRI Data Using Conditional Random Fields
- A multi-omics approach to identify biomarkers of clinically advanced retinoblastoma for diagnostics and therapeutic application.
Current activities in India led by Maastricht UMC+
- Monitoring partnerships
- Guidance of PhD research projects
- Identifying new projects
- Exploring funding opportunities
- Network management
- Liaison activities