Maastricht UMC+ in India
Maastricht UMC+ approach
Maastricht UMC+ has been active in India since 2008. When building partnerships, UMC+ seeks collaboration with renowned institutes as well as research topics that connect with the existing research profile of Maastricht UMC+. At this moment, there are about 25 active partnerships with various (academic, health sector, industrial) partners. Thus far, DBT, DEITY, ICSSR and NWO, ZonMw jointly granted several projects of Maastricht UMC+ and its Indian partners.
A flavour of current research projects
- Development of next-generation corneal crosslinking with artificial intelligence and biomechanical modelling
- Big Imaging data approach for Oncology in a Netherlands India Collaboration
- Functional MRI Data Using Conditional Random Fields
- A multi-omics approach to identify biomarkers of clinically advanced retinoblastoma for diagnostics and therapeutic application.
Current activities in India led by Maastricht UMC+
- Monitoring partnerships
- Guidance of PhD research projects
- Identifying new projects
- Exploring funding opportunities
- Network management
- Liaison activities