By combining mechanical engineering, process engineering, polymer analytics, simulation and competence in specific product applications, we want develop and demonstrate high-performance materials based on biobased molecules to resolve the contradiction between sustainability and economic growth. We are engineers, industrial engineers and chemists who want to experience the results of their research in people's everyday lives.
Our research focusses on:
- Processing of biobased polymers
- Functional additives for biobased materials
- Upscaling from lab to production
- New biobased materials like fibres from aerogels
- We have a strong focus on fibre materials
- BBM1016 Polymer Processing, Master Biobased Materials
- BBM5000 Master Thesis supervision, Master Biobased Materials.
- Biobased Materials Admissions, Master Biobased Materials
- BENP2001 Process and Product Design Project. Bachelor Business Engineering
- BENC2002 Process and Product Engineering, Bachelor Business Engineering
- BENP2004 Bachelor Thesis, Bachelor Business Engineering
- Supervision of Bachelor thesis projects, Bachelor Maastricht Science Programme