Do you sometimes suffer from physical complaints? Sports Medical Center Maastricht (SMC) offers sports consultation hours at the University Sports Centre as well as physiotherapy treatments for UM SPORTS members. A good advice can help you prevent things from getting worse.
Sports consultation for UM SPORTS members
During the consultation hour you can ask all your questions free of charge and a physiotherapist will examine your physical complaints or injuries.
The sports consultation hour is a joint initiative of UM SPORTS and SMC Maastricht. The team of specialists focuses on the combination of healthy exercise, sports and being healthy. The therapists will give you advice based on your (sports) needs and will discuss this with you.
The sports consultation hour is free of charge* for UM SPORT members. In case a physiotherapeutic treatment follows, any costs will be for yourself or your health insurance company (depending on how you are insured).
* One consultation per indication per year is free of charge. This means that you can make use of the sports consultation hour once with the same complaint free of charge. After that a fee may be charged. In case of doubt, you can always contact the physiotherapist.
Sports consultation by appointment only
The consultation hours take place at the USC, in the treatment room across the front desk. Please note: you need an appointment to make use of the consultation hour. You can make an appointment via the front desk of the University Sports Centre.
When is therapy needed or useful?
Physiotherapy treatment or coaching is useful in case of:
- sports injuries
- strain of muscles, tendons and ligaments
- rehabilitation after broken bones or surgery
- other symptoms which mean that you can no longer do sports
- injuries due to studying or desk work
- stress-related injuries
The physiotherapist can also help you with improving your posture, making more effective use of your body, and the prevention of injuries.
Whether physiotherapy treatment costs are reimbursed depends on your health care insurance. Check with your health care insurance provider!