Hello friends, this is Yawar. I am a Maastricht graduate (2012-2014). It is really exciting to be a SHE Alumni and I still miss the days spent at Maastricht. Just a month before joining I had no clue that I’ll going to be a part of one of the most amazing programs in Health Profession Education at UM.
Thanks to the fate and my mentor & brother who convinced me to take up medical education as a career for my future. I knew Maastricht is famous for many things including PBL but never knew that the PBL starts so early. When I came out of the train station had no clue what to do and where to go. I still remember that evening with rain, cold and going on feet to the guest room with a trolley bag and without umbrella. The experience of a lifetime.
Ever since, the time spent in Maastricht from PBL sessions to meeting project deadlines, from bicycle hiring and car sharing to weekend train journeys, from cooking and eating together to shopping in the Centrum, from a cup of coffee with the supervisor discussing the dissertation to searching papers in the library it was fun altogether.
My special interests include leadership in healthcare, curricular development, patient safety, organizational leadership, international collaborations, coffee with muffins, travelling and taking risks. Luckily, I found and did everything in the beautiful city and university of Maastricht. I have always believed in teamwork and always ready to help and facilitate. During my stay in UM, I learned a lot, enjoyed a lot, made many friends and transformed myself from an ordinary learner to a life-long learner. Thank you to all my wonderful colleagues, amazing teachers and caring staff at the University Maastricht.
Love you all. Dr. Yawar Hayat
- Vice Principal & HOD (Dental Materials)
- Assistant Dean (Medical Education)
- Medical Administrator & Chief Proctor
- Riphah International University Islamabad, Pakistan
- Director Centre of Excellence in Leadership, Innovation & Quality (CLIQ)
- Member Advisory Board Curriculum Committee & Program Coordinator (MSLDE) Ras Al Khaimah College of Dental Sciences (RAKCODS) Ras Al Khaimah, UAE
- Director Academy of Leadership Sciences Switzerland (ALSS) (South Asia & UAE)
- Prof Medical Education (ALSS) Zurich, Switzerland
- International TMA Certified Professional
- Member Harvard Business Review (HBR) Advisory Council (USA)
- Ambassador International Association of Medical Science Educators (IAMSE) for Pakistan California, USA
Thank you Yawar for your very kind words!