Dr Andrea Romano (A.)
Andrea Romano is associate professor at the Faculty of Health, Medicine and Life Sciences. His background is on molecular and cellular biology and his research interests focus on the role of steroid hormone signalling in gynaecological disorders, both benign and malignant
I am Group Leader of the Maastricht Endometrium Research Group (Dept. of Gynaecology). We aim to better understand the mechanisms underlying gynaecological disorders such as endometriosis, endometrial cancer and ovarian cancer.
Major focus areas are:
- estrogen and progesterone signalling
- mechanism of action of estrogen and progesterone receptors
- metabolism of steroid hormones and mechanisms of intracrinology
- steroid profiling
- mouse models of endometrial hormone-dependent pathologies
Feel free to contact me if you need any advice or suggestion on these expertise areas.
Group Leader of the Maastricht Endometrium Research Group
Educational Related Activities
- Coordinator of the course Systems Biology (Bachelor Biomedical Sciences)
- Member of the Portfolio Assessment Committee