Health Education and Promotion
Are you intrigued by human behaviour and do you want to understand why people engage in certain (unhealthy) behaviour? Are you interested in helping individuals to improve or maintain their health behaviour, health and well-being? Do you like working with a diverse set of groups such as employees, children, older people, patients or even health professionals, and would you like to know how best to address their health problems, how to motivate them to change unhealthy behaviour, find out what reasons they could have for their behaviour? Would you like to contribute to environments and organisations that are conducive to healthy living? If the answer is yes, then this programme might be the best choice for you! Read more >
- focus on planned and systematic approach to health promotion
- understanding and changing health behaviour
- implementation and evaluations of interventions and policies
- combination between theoretical insides and practical applications
- 1-year full-time or 2-year part-time, taught in English
- study load - full-time: 12-14 hrs classes, 22-24 hrs group work/individual study; part-time: 6-7 hrs classes, 11-13 hrs group work/individual study
- starts in September
- admission deadlines available under 'Admission & registration'
Ask a student
Meet Marleen: the student ambassador for the master's in Health Education Promotion.
On her Instagram account she shares her study programme experiences, moments of her life in Maastricht, and much more. Follow her to get a sneak peek of your possible future!
Also, if you have questions about the programme and/or about (student) life in Maastricht, don't hesitate to get in touch with Marleen through her Instagram page; she's happy to help you with your study choice, as previous student ambassadors helped her with hers.
I want to show people that small changes in their lifestyle lead to great results
I feel it as a personal mission to promote health and educate people about health issues by using graphic design and illustration
There are so many small things people can do themselves to improve the quality of life
I want to promote the overall knowledge about health
I would like to work in a health promoting company, in projects related to a variety of health issues, serving local communities and youth in particular
In the support section, you can find out more about practical matters and UM regulations, such as:
- visas & residence permits
- Education and Examination Regulations (EER)