Econometrics is used in every area of economics, from business and finance to macro- and micro-economics. It focuses on using quantitive analysis to aid economic and management decision-making. Do you want to pursue an academic career, or to have a professional career in research within economic organisations or businesses? Then applying for the two-year master’s programme in Economic and Financial Research with a track in Econometrics will give you the edge. You’ll learn to use techniques from statistics, mathematics and computer science to solve complex problems for governments, financial institutions, logistics companies and other organisations. You'll combine these techniques with research methods and practical research experience.
- use quantitive analysis for economic decision-making
- learn the latest research methods and gain practical experience in the field
- 2-year, English-language, full-time master’s
- starts in September
- weekly: 8 hrs classes, 32 hrs independent study
- you’ll get an MSc in Economic and Financial Research
Kickstart your career at our Master’s Open Day
Experience Maastricht University: find out more about one of the most international universities in Europe, immerse yourself in your programme of choice, and explore our beautiful city. The next Master’s Open Day is on Saturday 17 November 2018.
The professors teach mathematics in such a way that is actually quite fun
In the support section, you can find out more about practical matters and UM regulations, such as:
- visas & residence permits
- Education and Examination Regulations (EER)