Business Intelligence and Smart Services
Do you look at a mountain of data and see an ocean of opportunity? Can you look at innovation from both a technical and commercial point of view? And can you see yourself using data and new technologies to create smart service innovations? Then you should consider getting a master’s in Business Intelligence and Smart Services. You’ll study service design, business intelligence, and business analytics, directly applying the knowledge you gain to a real-life company project. When you graduate, you'll have a wide variety of career options available to you. You could work, for instance, as a service designer, business intelligence consultant or big data architect. The types of organisations you could end up working in are equally varied, as companies, governments and research organisations are all looking for people like you.
* Preknowledge: familiarity with statistics and regression analysis; programming skills are not a prerequisite but may come in useful
- 1-year, full-time master’s, taught in English
- Starts in September
- Each week, on average: 8 hrs classes, 12 hrs group work, 20 hrs independent study
- Learn to combine new technology with business intelligence and smart service design
- Smart Services Project: work on a company project and create an actual, data- and technology-based smart service
- Access to and involvement of the Brightlands Smart Services Campus in Heerlen, where researchers and organisations such as APG, KPN, BNY Mellon, Accenture and Rabobank meet
Master online information events
Unfortunately, due to the coronavirus, you are not able to visit us on the campus in Maastricht at the moment, but you can still get answers to your questions and get an idea of what it is like to study at the School of Business and Economics in a variety of online experiences.
Visit our Online Events page to learn more about this study programme
Kickstart your career at our Master's Open Day
Experience Maastricht University: find out more about one of the most international universities in Europe, immerse yourself in your programme of choice, and explore our beautiful city.
Pre-master for Business Intelligence and Smart Services
Interested in studying this master's programme, but do not yet meet the requirements? Consider pursuing our pre-master!
Meet our Graduate
"This masters taught me a broad panel of data and service design knowledge - useful in a variety of industries. It made me realize how diversified data jobs can be and to what business cases they can be applied."
Name: Régis Gemoets
Company: Business and Decision (Belgium)
Position: Data Engineer
Check out my profile on LinkedIn!
Are you a game-changer?
Do you look at a mountain of data and see an ocean of opportunity? Can you look at innovation from both a technical and commercial point of view? And can you see yourself using data and new technologies to create smart service innovations? Then you should consider getting a master’s in Business Intelligence and Smart Services.
In the support section, you can find out more about practical matters and UM regulations, such as:
- visas & residence permits
- Education and Examination Regulations (EER)