For the third consecutive academic year Maastricht University implements 13 UM-wideminors that are open for (almost) all Maastricht University bachelor's students. These minors offer you the opportunity to get acquainted with a different field of study. A minor consists of several courses which together provide an excellent introduction to another specialisation or part of it.
You can follow a minor in the fifth semester of your bachelor’s programme. Most UM-wide minors are approximately 24 ECTS.
Please note: you can no longer apply for a minor for the upcoming academic year!
The advantages of a UM-wide minor:
- you broaden your knowledge and understanding
- you return to your own discipline with new insights and ideas
- you develop academic skills which may receive less attention in your own discipline
- you increase your chances of moving on to a master’s programme outside your discipline
- you develop added value for the labour market: you distinguish yourself as an ambitious academic with broad interests.
Can anyone do a minor?
Check the overview below to determine whether you can do a minor and click the programme you are currently doing for more details.
|Your programme||Minors available||Permission Exam Committee required||No minors available|
|Cultuurwetenschappen/ Arts and Culture|
|Data Science and Knowledge Engineering|
|Econometrics and Operations Research|
|Economics and Business Economics|
|European Law School|
|European Public Health|
|Maastricht Science Programme|
|University College Maastricht|
|University College Venlo|