Maastricht University implements UM-wide minors that are open for (almost) all Maastricht University bachelor's students. These minors offer you the opportunity to get acquainted with a different field of study. A minor consists of several courses which together provide an excellent introduction to another specialisation or part of it.
You can follow a minor in the fifth semester of your bachelor’s programme. Most UM-wide minors are approximately 24 ECTS.
Please note: the application process for the academic year 2021-2022 opens at 1 june 2021. You can apply from 1 June up to and including 1 July 2021. Except for the Educatieve Minor: you can sign up for this minor from 1 March up to and including 31 May 2021.
Please keep in mind that some minors have a limited number of available places.
The advantages of a UM-wide minor:
- you broaden your knowledge and understanding
- you return to your own discipline with new insights and ideas
- you develop academic skills which may receive less attention in your own discipline
- you increase your chances of moving on to a master’s programme outside your discipline
- you develop added value for the labour market: you distinguish yourself as an ambitious academic with broad interests.
Data Science student Andrew Gold followed the Entrepreneurship minor to realise his future dream. Read why following this minor was a good choice.
Can anyone do a minor?
Check the overview below to determine whether you can do a minor and click the programme you are currently doing for more details.
|Your programme||Minors available||Permission Board of Examiners required||No minors available|
|Arts and Culture|
|Data Science and Artificial Intelligence|
|Dutch Law / Rechtsgeleerdheid|
|Econometrics and Operations Research|
|Economics and Business Economics|
|European Law School|
|European Public Health|
|Maastricht Science Programme|
|Tax Law / Fiscaal Recht|
|University College Maastricht|
|University College Venlo|