Preparing yourself for the labour market requires you to perform academically, professionally and personally. We understand that you might not always have the required skills yet to overcome the challenges you are faced with during your studies. Therefore we strive to make you more resilient and provide you with sufficient means to acquire skills that promote wellbeing during your studies and further in your professional career and life.
Discover the initiatives and plans regarding student wellbeing at UM.
Need urgent care?
Support available to you if you need psychological help immediately.
- General Practitioner ('huisarts')
- GP Medical Post (after office hours)
- Confidential adviser
- Suicidal thoughts
- Victim Support NL (slachtofferhulp)
- Domestic violence or abuse
- 113 Suicide Prevention
- Sexual Assault Center
For life threatening situations or emergencies, call 112.
Information and support regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19)
- During this period, a range of online activities such as workshops and lectures are organised.
- Check the most recent updates and measures UM is taking regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19).
- Ask our Student Guidance Student Team all your career and wellbeing related questions during our daily Facebook live chat.
- Check our career and wellbeing videos to help you work on your personal and professional development.
- Our resources and inspiration can help you with questions or concerns about your mental health during this period or provide ways to improve your wellbeing.
- Do you have questions about how your lessons and lectures will continue? Go to Online education at UM.
Facebook live chat
You can ask all your questions regarding your professional and personal development in a live chat on the UM Career Services Facebook. Every day (Monday-Friday) between 13:00h and 14:00h a member of the Student Guidance Student Team will be available to answer your questions, give you advice and refer you to the many services that UM offers to support your employability and wellbeing.
... is peer to peer support in a relaxed, informal setting. Feel part of the student community.
Staff support students
Are you a UM employee and want to support your students in feeling well and becoming more resilient during and after university life? On this page you will find everything you need to support students; from workshops and training modules to online resources and roadmaps.
Resources and inspiration
These resources can be helpful to address possible challenges/distresses in your life or to find well-being related inspiration. The items range from websites to books, podcasts, apps and more.
Career & Wellbeing videos
Do make sure you check out the Online Career & Wellbeing videos, developed by UM Career Services and the UM Psychologists. These short videos contain a collection of handy practices and exercises to work on your personal and professional development. Interested in improving your employability skills, feeling more resilient, boosting your self-confidence, expanding your network and finding interesting vacancies?